PDA

View Full Version : Luddite

Lon More
2nd Sep 2005, 10:50
Apologies if this has been covered before.

In my dotage I seem to miss more and more often errors made in posting - only seeing them after actually posting the message and then having to go back and edit them.

As a Luddite I have not yet worked out if it is possible to configure a spelling checker to work in the forums. Is it?

BlueDiamond
2nd Sep 2005, 11:09
I'm not really convinced that spelling checkers are all that useful. One thing you could do is write your post in your word processor, check it there ... or cheque it their ... then cut and paste into the PPRuNe site.

Capn Notarious
2nd Sep 2005, 11:21
Blue Diamond
Check: to examine the accuracy.
Cheque: a written order to a bank.

Have a good weekend. Keep out of the spa until we find the prisoner jellyfish, wafer or not it's in custardy, iscreamed!

BlueDiamond
2nd Sep 2005, 11:29
Check: to examine the accuracy.
Cheque: a written order to a bank.

Precisely my point, Capn ... a spelling checker will accept both despite the fact that one is wrong.

I halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It clearly marques four my revue
Missed aches four me two sea

Avtrician
2nd Sep 2005, 13:14
Tis only a spell checker after all, not a sintax chequer. Next year gates will have the mind reading update installed (that could be dangerous, especialy in the Spa):E :E

Kalium Chloride
2nd Sep 2005, 13:52
Does anyone else despise the [email protected]$e spell-checker on Google which says "Did you mean such-and-such" after returning no results for your search...

...and then, when you click on its suggestion, turns up no results either!

Lon More
2nd Sep 2005, 15:24
Fanks guis. i"LL kepe diong it manwelly

TimS
2nd Sep 2005, 16:13
Buggah - I think my spillchucker has a veris

tony draper
2nd Sep 2005, 16:25
First website I ever surfed had a spellchecker,don't need one theez day's becos forchoonatly me spellin is gooder now.
:rolleyes:

Onan the Clumsy
2nd Sep 2005, 16:47
How about you just read what you posted? You usually get about five or ten mins before any changes get logged as an edit.

I almost always read and alter mine as I don't want to seem fick

Cathar
2nd Sep 2005, 16:54
I have somehow obtained a Google tool bar which contains a spell checker which will check spelling in forum replies and other online forms.

Jerricho
2nd Sep 2005, 16:59
Ahhh, the good old Google toolbar...............

You are being watched ;) :E

(Fancy a Gmail invite ;) )

Rupert S
2nd Sep 2005, 17:13
A spell checker can be added to the forum software (in a lot of cases). But otherwise, no.

Foss
2nd Sep 2005, 19:42
cheers Rupert.. it can be added, but how, man how?
fer flips sake don't keep us in suspense.

and keep it simple, eh;)

acbus1
2nd Sep 2005, 20:19
One wonders if there is a Witch guide to spell checkers.