PDA

View Full Version : Babies

Nickoli
2nd Sep 2005, 11:06
It has happened, my friends 14 month old baby has just started trying to form words. The only prpblem is that he has clearly been watching the crazy frog advert and sounds identical. Going to bar him from my house if he carries on. Anybody know of any other babies that can mimmick.

Blacksheep
2nd Sep 2005, 13:59
I like babies. They speak a lot of sense if you listen to them carefully... :p

Devlin Carnet
2nd Sep 2005, 14:18
I recorded my daughter making baby sounds, and when she grows up I will play it back and ask her what she meant :ok:

airship
2nd Sep 2005, 14:31
Well, babies do shite and fart unexpectedly, vomit all over you and keep you up at the most inconsiderate hours. They're real terrorists, but who can really say if Bin Laden makes any more sense...?! :)

Much as I hate to bring it up:

There are generally speaking, far too many babies. None of them are mine. And they will probably succeed in destroying the rest of the creatures with whom we share this planet. If not actually succeeding in destroying the planet itself. My taxes are contributing to all of this. I could have destroyed the planet earlier on. But they obviously didn't collect enough taxes prolly when I was a "weeing all over the place" laddie.

Babies make about as much sense as the people having them...?! Hope that helps?! :uhoh:

Blacksheep
2nd Sep 2005, 14:35
See what I mean?

Babies are much more sensible... :hmm:

Kaptin M
2nd Sep 2005, 14:38
NEVER, NEVER underestimate small children.
They might not be able to SPEAK, but they sure as hell UNDERSTAND!!
Their little antennae are constantly sweeping, picking up, and decoding - far more than we ususally credit them with.

airship
2nd Sep 2005, 14:54
They might not be able to SPEAK, but they sure as hell UNDERSTAND!! The answers may lie in their droppings...?! ;)

Nick Riviera
2nd Sep 2005, 15:37
Agree that small children hear EVERYTHING. We have to be so careful with what we say around my 3 year old as he has the habit of repeating it at the most embarrassing moments.

As an aside, my wife phoned a short while ago to tell me that my nine month old had vomited his entire lunch over her in the cafe at M&S today (his own homemade lunch, not anything bought in the cafe). Bless.

airship
2nd Sep 2005, 16:01
Small children may well hear everything and be able to repeat some of it, but you couldn't compare what a 3 year old has to say with what the dog brought in... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2067864&highlight=dinner#post2067864) (in case you missed it)... ;) Uhmmm, you have to click on 2 links... :(

tall and tasty
2nd Sep 2005, 16:07
Ohhhhhhhhh I love babies they are so sweet. Well apart from the sleepless nights, the projectiles usually over someone's suit when they are bounced after being fed, the nappies and everything else. But nothing more wonderful when they start to make those first incoherant sounds and everyone says "ahhhhhhhhh takes after dad when he has had a few" (still gets me in giggles that one!!)

But yes my daughter was good at imitating the clicking of dolphins she hear on the TV, used to get me jumpy everytime as I had no idea what it was. The solution came watching Tots TV with the dolphins in it, hey prestoe the sound was there!

But to side line an english teachers parrot at school used to sound and mimik Captain Pugwash and his sketches!!

Now that caused a stir in a girls boarding school!!

TnT :p

Blacksheep
3rd Sep 2005, 07:02
Diiddlydum-diddlydum-diddlydum-dardeeedleum-da!

Cap'n Pugwash, pure class! What would he have done without his trusty cabin boy, eh? ;)

But, a parrot in a girl's boarding school? Really? Better than a baby I suppose - do tell us more...