PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Total flight time in Turkey

Lil' Pilot
2nd Sep 2005, 08:34
Does anyone know if there are any minimum total time requirements, to get hired with a Turkish airline? I heard that the insurance companies require an x ammount of TT. Is this true, and if so, what's the minimum? Thanks in advance.

The Devils Reject
6th Sep 2005, 10:31
If it's inter - dont do it, unless you fancy loosing your licence .....:ooh: :ooh:

Lil' Pilot
6th Sep 2005, 12:44
I was just asking it in general, not for a specific airline. So if anyone can shed some light on this...any info will be greatly appreciated.
BTW what's wrong with Inter Airlines?

Flap43
6th Sep 2005, 18:59
Dont think here are any requirements. got loads of guys who have gone with nothing. i think a good place to get hours even in Inter( as refered to above.). guys forget how hard it is to get anywhere with no hours. just stay away from Onur! they have no maintenance at all. been banned and reinstated and banned and etc etc from loads of EU countries.
plenty of hours but hard to get anywhere. U WILL NEED A TR THOUGH!
pm me if u want som more info
+ve; GR UP:cool:

Ignition Override
9th Sep 2005, 06:48
This is probably only a coincidence.

After former Valuejet (now US carrier Airtran) sent its engines in the 90s to be overhauled, they did it somewhere in Turkey. Well, a piece or two came loose from a DC-9 Pratt & Whitney engine aty takeoff power, on Atlanta's runway 08R, and shrapnel caused a very painful injury to the aft flight attendant's kneecap. Was she also burned? The plane might have had a fire-the passengers and crew (a bit bloody and limping-well maybe she was doing a "labor slowdown" ;) ) evacuated the plane on the runway.

I guess she felt like she was fighting in Arnhem, "a Bridge Too Far". Just a coincidence. But for her, a low-budget airline, too cheap to hire any mechanics, back then.

One of our FOs, after he left the Air Force, flew as Captain for them. He now only calls them "Ghettojet".