PDA

View Full Version : Animal Feed !

tony draper
1st Sep 2005, 23:19
Item on newsnight reports a new theory on the cause of BSE in cattle, and CJD finding its way into humans, apparently from the sixties onward the feed manufacturers imported animal bones and remains from India,and ground it up into their mix, a way of earning a living along the Ghanges is to collect animal carcass and bones from the river, bearing in mind that the funeral tradition of that area is to also to place human dead into that river, human remains found its way into the feed that our cattle were eating.
The awfull bloody thing about this is it was apparently known about for many years recognisable human remains turning up in sacks of mixed bones and remains from India.
Hard to feckin believe what some companies will do for a profit ,harder still to believe what lengths officialdom will go to,to co-operate with big business in the cover up.

:uhoh:

Rollingthunder
1st Sep 2005, 23:29
Cattle are vegetarians.

I find it hard to comprehend that meat by-products ever got into cattle feed.

tony draper
1st Sep 2005, 23:33
likewise I think most people were shocked to learn this at the time when the story of BSE first broke,one of the worst things to come out was it tended to be the sick and diseased animals unfit for human consuption that ended up in the feed vats.
Bloody unbelievable.
Talk about Soylent Green.
:yuk:

rubik101
1st Sep 2005, 23:33
Intil 1988, Winter feed pellets for cattle used to contain around 40% animal protein and 65% animal fat. The cows knew no better as they were simply hungry. The hormone and anti-biotic additives don't bear mentioning!

Bre901
2nd Sep 2005, 00:00
around 40% animal protein and 65% animal fatthat makes 105%

rubik101
2nd Sep 2005, 00:14
Of the total protein content, 40% was from animals and of the total fat content 65% was from animals. Sorry if I didn't make it clear!! The rest was made up from vegetable scources.

Nani
2nd Sep 2005, 04:03
Bloody unbelievable.

If you knew what goes into your domesticated animal feed (cats-dogs) :yuk:. Zillions of unwanted pets who ends up in animal shelters are gassed on a daily bases and ends up as by-products on cheap tin or dry foods.

If you wish to eat right,go for "range/grass fed only" beef,pork or lamb/mutton meat. The major suppliers may try to charge more as natural fed animals but you can always find a local grower who's willing to sell half of beef or whole lamb at a fraction of price.

Ozzy
2nd Sep 2005, 04:04
You are what you eat. I heard a lesbian call herself a right c*nt!:E

Ozzy