PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations on sale already

Keygrip
1st Sep 2005, 20:49
The title tells it all. I've just been wandering around the Mega-Monster Mart and found Christmas decorations on sale.

September 1st. The run up to Christmas?

KM-H
1st Sep 2005, 22:38
Yup, our newly built Hobby Lobby has had christmas trees on display for the last two weeks. I didn't see them go up, so they have probably been there longer than that!

Bloody ridiculous, seeing as our Wal-Mart is running up the candy mountain ready for Halloween.

Carry0nLuggage
1st Sep 2005, 23:01
Yeah, but which Xmas? 2005, 2006, 2007 ...........?:suspect:

BOFH
1st Sep 2005, 23:34
As long as they don't play the accursed music. Ever.

I buy Xmas cards in January and the presents early in the year. When I am back in Oz I fill a large box with presents for Xmas and birthdays and leave them to be distributed at the appropriate times.

Sometimes I overdo it - some have been sitting there for six years. This isn't as bad as the lunacy of shopping in December, though.

BOFH

Keygrip
2nd Sep 2005, 00:05
Ah, the lunacy of shopping in December I've often wondered why we always have Christmas when the shops are busy.

Would be so much easier to have it in, say, August.

Conan the Librarian
2nd Sep 2005, 00:07
BOFH, I don't suppose you have a Sinclair ZX 80 left in the sack, do you?

Ozzy
2nd Sep 2005, 03:54
September ? That's fecking nothing. We had Christmas decorations and related sh!t on sale in January this year. :E :E You guys are way behind...

Ozzy

Blacksheep
2nd Sep 2005, 13:51
What a bunch of miseries!

We're lucky - we have Hari Raya Eid ul Fitri then Xmas then Chinese New Year. Months of jolly fun and games. If you pop over to Malaysia or Singapore you can even catch Deepavali too. Never a dull moment...

I can hardly wait :ok:

Parapunter
2nd Sep 2005, 13:56
Luvverly, all the more work for me - bring it on. Besides, Santa's not coming this year - we've undercut him:cool: