PDA

View Full Version : NBAA convention in New Orleans has been canceled.

con-pilot
1st Sep 2005, 17:54
NBAA convention in New Orleans has been canceled.

The NBAA announced yesterday that the annual convention will not be held in New Orleans November 15-17 this year. They are trying to locate another city to hold the convention.

Because of the size of the convention and the lead time involved there are very few cities that can accommodate this meeting. I my opinion I think that there is a very good chance that there will not be a NBAA convention this year.

This is very sad, I was really looking forward to being in New Orleans this year.

V1 Rotate
2nd Sep 2005, 01:02
Both Reno and Vegas would have no problem accomodating NBAA at such short notice!!
Both infinately better venues than Norleans!

V1:cool:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
2nd Sep 2005, 11:26
I doubt if it will be Vegas.

NBAA was there last year and severe restictions were placed on non airline traffic as a result of the threat of litigation by a number of airlines. This dates back to the previous NBAA in Vegas (1998?) where massive delays built up on certain days and there was massive disruption of airline schedules.

Moreover the static display was relocated to Henderson about 10 miles south of the field which was fine, except the airfield could not take an A319 or BBJ much to the annoyance of Airbus and Boeing.

boeing_eng
2nd Sep 2005, 13:26
The only cities capable of hosting the NBAA at its current size are Atlanta, Las Vegas, Orlando plus New Orleans (before last week!)

I very much doubt any of the remaining three will be able to clear the Convention Center schedules to give the NBAA the window it needs at short notice. One possibilty is a downsized NBAA hosted elsewhere.

BE

Itswindyout
3rd Sep 2005, 05:24
which will have its own booth this year....sick...orry...windy

boeing_eng
3rd Sep 2005, 08:41
This years NBAA is now to be held in Orlando from Nov 9th - 11th
Note the first day is a Weds (which is a day later than usual)

BE