LETS VOTE FOR A FAMILY LIFE
LETS VOTE FOR A GOOD STANDARD OF LIVING
LETS VOTE FOR GOOD WORKING AND SAFE PRACTICES
LETS VOTE
LETS VOTE

[This message has been edited by Countdown (edited 29 October 2000).]

Taff Missed
31st Oct 2000, 01:15
Sounds like something from the Russian Revolution. Strike comrade bruvvers, strike!

Countdown, if you don't like the industry, sod off out of it. Perhaps if you and a few others did it might indeed make the oil companies and operators pay attention but only for as long as it takes to get in some of the people out there who are gagging to fly on the NS, to replace you.

A National Day of Sickness? Get real!

Countdown
31st Oct 2000, 16:41
To TAFF MISSED
Sounds like the management lacky has found a voice.
Your comments are not only rude but show the naivity with which you know the industry.I suspect you are either new low houred or as your name implies you have missed something.
Probably your brains.
For those of us who have been here a long time people leaving will not change anything in the short term until we have a voice that can be listened to nothing will change as is indicative of your comments.You will go far in management.If not already

Taff Missed
31st Oct 2000, 18:06
Rude? Maybe. Insulting? No. I'll leave that to you.

So is a Day of Sickness going to give you voice? Surely the way to impress upon the 'management' (of whom I am not one I might point out)the seriousness of your concerns is not to stage what amounts to a one-day strike, but get your union or representative body to make it official. If they aren't interested, you're either in the wrong union or your complaints aren't valid (in their view that is).

A Day of Sickness would be an uncoordinated and not particularly well subscribed shambles which would enable 'management'to dismiss it as minority action. You may as well be writing on a toilet wall for all the good it'll do.

Taff

chequesplease
1st Nov 2000, 00:40
Stop the in-fighting, that is just falling straight into their hands.A day of action IS required but as Taf suggests get it organised through the union , do it correctly but don't forget a union is only as strong as it's membership.
Things have gone far enough time for action!

Countdown
1st Nov 2000, 01:45
You maybe right however I suspect TAFF is not a north sea pilot but a wannabee.
However this type of action has worked before and they won. I wonder

Taff Missed
1st Nov 2000, 03:21
Who the hell said I was a North Sea pilot?? And does my not being one make me any less qualified to comment?

Taff

Countdown
1st Nov 2000, 17:05
Touchy or what may I respectfully suggest that your not having been one does make it difficult for you or anyone to speak with the with the knowledge of experience or depth of feeling concerning the working practices and conditions on the north sea

[This message has been edited by Countdown (edited 01 November 2000).]

SARcastic
2nd Nov 2000, 02:56
Come on guys, get real - organizing action on this scale is nigh on impossible - remember the BHL strike of 79 which failed !!
Even if it could be done, what would it really prove - nothing !
SARcastic http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

212man
2nd Nov 2000, 03:26
I think you'll find, if you read some of the other threads, that Taff is an engineer. I also think you'll find he is equally qualified to speak on this topic as anyone else. Let's keep it sensible. I've written my letter, have you?????

------------------
Another day in paradise

DragDamper
2nd Nov 2000, 20:36
If anything is to be done it has to be done together, if Taff is an engineer then get the the engineers to talk to the pilots and get something organised

offshoreigor
11th Nov 2000, 10:58
Sounds like cooler heads are prevailing here. As I said in another thread, use the tools presently available.

Cheers,

OffshorIgor http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif