PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been done before.........

quidam
14th Jul 2001, 20:06
For the few that know me. I'VE JUST COMPLETED MY FIRST SOLO. Hell I'm telling everyone!

For all those still waiting it is the best thing I've ever done and it more than convinces me that I made the right decidion to learn.

My greatest respect goes to my Instructor and many others like him who have the balls to trust students like me with such miracles of engineering.

Onwards and upwards...... No pun intended. :D

Nomads
15th Jul 2001, 11:43
Well done Q,
It will be a flight you'll remember for a long time to come.
Safe flying. :cool:

B Sousa
15th Jul 2001, 17:00
Yes that is a major hurdle, you can now stand up much straighter. If you continue into a career at flying its one day you will probably never forget. I certainly remember the freedom of my first solo in an OH-23.
Funny thing when I first got in one and saw all those guages(about 4) and a radio, I was really wondering how I could do it. It became very easy after a while. Then into a UH-1 with Navigation equipment and turbine engine.........How do you watch all that stuff.........
Good Memories and lots of fun later..

Whirlygirl
16th Jul 2001, 05:59
Congratulations!!!! Quidam it is a great feeling to finally be free.... Good luck with the rest of your training :)

Aeotearoa
16th Jul 2001, 07:20
Well Done mate,
I hope to join you in a week or so.All the best for the rest of the training ;)

Magumba
16th Jul 2001, 20:00
Way to go and good luck with your training.
I still remember my first solo in a J-3 Cub on floats 34 years ago and first solo in a helicopter 33 years back. Great day.
Hope you make many more fond memories.
:)

Flight Safety
16th Jul 2001, 23:57
Congratulations, well done! :D

w_ocker
17th Jul 2001, 03:04
good on ya, mate! ;)

FLIR
21st Jul 2001, 01:31
Quidam,
It's the biggest fence you will ever climb - but remember stick and rudder, you are the one in charge, not the other way around.

fly safe

FLIR

Pac Rotors
21st Jul 2001, 06:37
Quidam

Congrats. I remember when I went solo for the first time how much of a change it was. Its nerve wracking when you are used to the instructor being there to help out if you screw up but then when he gets out and tells you to fly a circuit you realise that if you screw up there is no one there to help you. :eek:

Still once you get back on the ground (safely) its a great feeling of accomplishment. :D