PDA

View Full Version : Wales in a bottle!

Standard Noise
31st Aug 2005, 10:54
Christ on a bike! Some loon in Wales wants to sell "Welsh air" to ex-pats (and anyone else stupid enough to part with their hard earned cash) at 24 sovs a bottle. "Businessman John Gronow will launch 'Wales in a bottle.com' on Thursday to sell Welsh atmosphere around the world."

And apparently, he's being backed by some business trust which is run by Prince Charles the head fruitcake of 'Windsor Loo-Laas Ltd'.

Is it time to emigrate?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/4197306.stm[/URL]

Maxflyer
31st Aug 2005, 11:00
As long as it doesn't come from Milford Haven! Went there once and it smelt like sh!t.

click
31st Aug 2005, 11:06
Wait 'till newarksmells finds out about this. Sitting on a fortune me thinks.:E

Parapunter
31st Aug 2005, 11:20
Merthyr smells of burning cars most nights...:rolleyes:

tony draper
31st Aug 2005, 11:22
Been done before, Cumbria tried it a while back, selling bottles of air from the top of Helvelyn I think it were,don't think they ahd a lot of success,but what the hell,if you can manage to sell bottles of plain water in the corner shops and supermarkets to the mugs why not.
:cool:

lasernigel
31st Aug 2005, 12:15
You'll never get Charlotte Church to fit in one!

Biggles Flies Undone
31st Aug 2005, 12:29
You'll never get Charlotte Church to fit in one!
Take more than a bit of string to get her sails up! :E

Mariner9
31st Aug 2005, 14:38
There's not much atmosphere round here as it is, and now some bugga's floggin what's left of it :suspect:

ORAC
31st Aug 2005, 14:43
Mind you, Wales does look better through the bottom of a bottle..... :hmm:

whiz
31st Aug 2005, 15:09
I saw the said Loony on the Welsh news last night, an absolute fruit loop if ever there was one. The clip showed him taking the top off a bottle and his eyes rolling in his head as the aroma of Snowdon washed over him like a soiled nappy on Porthcawl beach :D

HandspringGuy
31st Aug 2005, 18:30
now some bugga's floggin what's left of it
We'll have to buy in Air from Cumbria to fill the void, lest airyplanes will start falling from the heavens over Cardiff

Onan the Clumsy
31st Aug 2005, 18:36
Been done before, a company tried it a while back, selling bottles of steam from The Flying Scotsman I think it were,don't think they ahd a lot of success,but what the hell,if you can manage to sell bottles of plain water in the corner shops and supermarkets to the mugs why not.
:cool:

gas path
31st Aug 2005, 18:45
Blimey TD no wonder I suffered from hypoxia last time I was atop Helvelyn, should be a warning posted if they're gonna bottle the atmosphere:ugh:
That gives me an idea fora money makin' scam too......... flog the air from Wales back fill with air from Cumbria replace that with air from the Dales, ship some up from Slough ....hhhmmm! on second thoughts scrub that, use a free medium to transport it ...wind... send a bill in to each affected council, sit back and rake in the cash:}
Anyone fancy a punt say a grand each to get it started?:E