PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Training Days

Saintsman
31st Aug 2005, 08:06
The summer holidays are comming to an end and the new term (for us) starts on Thursday. Except it doesn't. Thursday and Friday have been deemed 'teacher training days'.

They've just had six weeks off for gods sake, what have they been doing? They don't even co-ordinate it with the other schools, so if you have kids at different ages in different schools it causes more inconvenience.

I tell you, these teachers have it easier than pilots ;)

tilewood
31st Aug 2005, 08:35
Yep. It's the same here near Southend. 6 weeks off, then the kids are back for 2 days then off for teachers training days.

But then it's hardly surprising in Britain in 2005, with a prime m inister that uses this country as a stop-over point, the police can't be asked to deal with crime, and illegal immigrants are
handed all kinds of state benefits.

It beggars belief!! :*

UniFoxOs
31st Aug 2005, 09:52
I suppose they are a bit like the Bank's training - you know where you stand outside the bank on a Tuesday morning waiting for it to open, looking at a sign that says "We do not open until 0930 on Tuesdays to allow for staff training" and at 0929 all the staff turn up and go in to work.

Maxflyer
31st Aug 2005, 11:05
tilewood

Don't think you can blame Mr. Bliar for the teachers (the other stuff's ok) teachers have been having it easy for years. They moan about the conditions, they bleat on about having to work long hours. My working day is usually from 08:00 to 18:30. I don't particularly want to work this long, but it pays for the lifestyle I want. I would quite happily work from 07:00 to 19:00 every day if I got 13 paid weeks holiday per year. Perhaps it is now time to change the name from Baker Day to Lazy Whingeing Git day!

lexxity
31st Aug 2005, 15:46
Why is it called a baker day?

Krystal n chips
31st Aug 2005, 15:54
lexxity-----it's so called as a "memorial "to the Tory minister :yuk: who devised the scheme !

airship
31st Aug 2005, 16:35
One would have to echo Cheerio's sentiments. I wouldn't do it for double the money they are offered. At at the end of the day, would it all have been worth it anyway? When you look at the comments from some here...probably not! ;) IMHO, there are few parallels to be drawn between pilots and school teachers. Nobody screams at pilots saying they're the reason pupils ignore their parents and make mayhem...?! :rolleyes: No, I think teachers could best be compared to long-distance lorry drivers. They're limited officially according to the hours they can supposedly drive. And not paid at all whilst waiting or unloading...?! :8

frostbite
31st Aug 2005, 18:12
From my time working in a school (instructor NOT teacher) I can assert that the worst teachers come from the group that have gone from school to college and back to school as teachers.

No concept of real world issues.

Onan the Clumsy
31st Aug 2005, 18:41
You should come live in America then.

A lot of the shops are open till 9 and even 10 at night, my bank starts up at 0800 and shuts at 5 or 6. They're even open on Saturday 9 till 1 :ok: