PDA

View Full Version : In-grown hairs in ambarrassing places

SoundBarrier
31st Aug 2005, 07:00
Reading the thread about hair on ones back, does anyone have any solutions to in-grown hairs?

I seem to get in-grown hair on my face which makes shaving a challenge, rather embarrassing when going to work looking like I have just returned from a war zone.

The strange thing is that it seems to happen in the same places on me chin 99% of the time.

What are your experiences with said hairs?

BlueDiamond
31st Aug 2005, 07:20
If it's only a few and they are all in the same area as you say, a permanent solution would be electrolysis. It may require two or three treatments but it will fix the problem for good.

PilotsPal
31st Aug 2005, 09:36
Exfoliate regularly before shaving to ensure the hairs are lifted.

Kestrel_909
31st Aug 2005, 10:54
Are you shaving the right way? I can never remember, is it with the direction of the hairs or opposite ...:uhoh:

Duckbutt
31st Aug 2005, 11:00
I realise we are all mature, adults round here so hope this is not too much information.........

For a period of about six months I kept having this same problem only regrettably it was on a sticky out bit about half a metre south of my chin. Rather uncomfortable and sore and no one would show me any sympathy either. :(

tallseabird
31st Aug 2005, 11:21
Try "King of Shaves Supercooled Menthol Shaving Gel" - actually anyone with Tea Tree Oil in it

Jerricho
31st Aug 2005, 15:06
Have you tried using a shaving brush to lather up your face before you shave? Lifts the hairs up and really reduces ingrowns.