PDA

View Full Version : Printing .PDF Scanned Files

willby
30th Aug 2005, 16:11
Hi,
Recently purchased an Epson 2850 Photo Scanner. When I scan documents I usually save them as .PDF files from the choices offered. I can view the documents fine but cannot print them. My Laserjet 6P just keeps printing rubbish, usually just a line of jibberish on the top of each page and can go through a tray full of paper for a single page document! I dont have any problems with .PDF files downloaded from a web site.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Willby

stickyb
31st Aug 2005, 09:01
What program are you using to store them in PDF format, and what program are you using to print them?

willby
31st Aug 2005, 12:53
Hi Stickyb,
I am using the supplied software. I am away from home now but the packaged software is called Epson Smart panel.
However the saved documents just go to "My Documents" and I try to print from there.
Regards
Willby

P.Pilcher
31st Aug 2005, 14:23
I think that your problem is that you are using your Epson printing software (dedicated to Epson printers) to print out on your Laserjet. The software will send out dedicated Epson codes to set up an Epson printer before actually starting the printing and these will be gibberish to the laserjet producing the results you are getting. You need to get the appropriate software which will almost certainly be on your laserjet installation disk if not already stored somewhare on your hard drive.
It is of course possible that when you installed your Epson drivers, the installation disk overwrote your laserjet photo printing software thus the laserjet disc will be needed to restore this.

P.P.

Maxflyer
31st Aug 2005, 14:56
Using the Epson Smart Panel you can scan to an application. Try scanning to MS Word or suchlike turn that into a pdf. Then try to open it and then print it.

Hope that sort of makes sense:ok:

willby
31st Aug 2005, 16:03
Hi Max and P.P.
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I wont be back home at my pc till next week to try them. Thanks.
Willby