PDA

View Full Version : London to Budapest

rziola
30th Aug 2005, 15:37
Good afternoon chaps

Any idea who could do a London -Budapest in a King Air 200 or Citation 1 for a resonable price ? The prices I am getting are stupid. Around 6-7 Thousand pounds. Any recommendation how it could be achieved cheaper, while still flying private ?
Any suggesstions welcome. ( Its a birthday gift)

Daifly
30th Aug 2005, 20:07
Not really, that seems an average kind of price.

Depends what you're after really, if you're willing to accept a wide variety of dates then you might be able to get yourself a deal on an empty leg, but if you're being picky then that's the kind of price you'll pay.

Also, Citation I is very unlikely to do that sort of leg direct. A King Air would, but it would be a long old slog. You want a jet like a Learjet 45 or a Citation Bravo really - and that'll be even more than your 6-7k.

To mount a slight defence for those of us who are stupidly pricing these jobs, we're only making about 11% contribution to overheads on those jobs after we've accounted for Direct Operating Costs and Pilot Salaries. After that we've still got to pay for an Ops Team and the rent.... It's really not a big profits business - for the operators anyway!

PorcoRosso
30th Aug 2005, 23:47
I would be very impressed if you find something cheaper than that .

To give you an idea, the Kingair 90 am flying, cost my company 1000 Euro an hour . And we don't make profit . that's just operating costs .

even if you 'll go faster in a 200, you'll also guzzle more petrol ...

The quotation you were given is realistic

Phil Brockwell
31st Aug 2005, 14:51
How long is the layover? These aircraft add an extra approx £800-£1000 per day for layovers, but the price you have been quoted seems fair, may save a little if you can go out of Southend rather than a London airport, 6k for an overnight trip is about right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The prices I am getting are stupid
---------------------------------------------------------------------

In comparison to what? a Seneca, Easyjet, the operating costs, how much did you expect it to cost?

Phil

rziola
31st Aug 2005, 15:11
Phil

By stupid, I guess I meant the cost of the trip comparing to the states or Asia, I know we are in Europe-Winter Wonderland where fuel is so much more expensive, but I guess I was just suprised. That is why I posted here, to set me straight in my opinions/assumptions.

But I do appreciate the feedback here