PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Emergency

mach decimal 83
30th Aug 2005, 14:22
Just heard briefly this morning there was a Nationwide, think it was 816 inbound to JIA with an emergency. Anyone an idea what was the problem?

REAL ORCA
30th Aug 2005, 17:50
Had a malfunction/failure/problem with one hydraulic pump. Did not declare an emergency but ATC felt it nessasary to activate emergency services. It is in fact a non-event because the other pump is sufficient for full operation in that system. Hope it ended well because I was heading in the opposite direction!

George Tower
31st Aug 2005, 07:20
I'm sure this evening's newspapers will carry reports of another near death experience in the air:zzz:

Bravo Echo November
31st Aug 2005, 19:18
As mentioned only one of two A sys hydraulic pumps failed. The other one was working fine.

The problem is you cannot dispatch with only one A pump. Jnb is the main maintanance hub for CE to replace the pump.

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Sep 2005, 08:51
Not in SA so interested to hear if this made the news in the same SHOCK/HORROR!!!!!!! fashion as the 1Time stories.:confused:

Mmmmmmm.....:suspect:

VTS
1st Sep 2005, 12:15
Hey guys,

Was reading this thread with interest....made a call to a very good friend of mine at CE......no-one at CE has any knowledge about this incident so I would be interested in finding out how you guys came to hear of it.

Take care
VTS

REAL ORCA
2nd Sep 2005, 20:51
On the r/t Tuesday 30 of Aug at approx 1115 B while flying JNB-CPT listening to the co-pilot/captain speaking to JNB central or was it south?

Knoppiesdoorn
3rd Sep 2005, 12:08
There are now 2 VB's at CE, wonder which one put the clampers on!