PDA

View Full Version : EK F/O Requirements

busflyer
30th Aug 2005, 07:34
Does anyone know if EK plan to lower their requirements to join as a Direct Entry F/O?

I know they currently state 4000hrs TT and 2500hrs on jet a.c, but I recall in the past this being 2500hrs TT and 1000hrs on jet a/c.

With the apparent shortage of Pilots in Europe, will this have an impact on EK forcing them to lower their requirements?

LHR Rain
30th Aug 2005, 08:24
The requirments have drastically lowered in the last year. As you metioned the bare mins do apply; on paper.
The actual requirments are just a PPL, have seen a widebody aircraft sometime in your lifetime, preferably resides from the 3rd world (so the new pilots will be very happy to work at EK and not winge), and being able to walk to an airplane unassisted. This last requirment could prove to be a little embarrassing as the passengers look out the terminal windows to see their crew boarding the airplane.
So don't delay, apply today especially if you meet the very high standards that EK sets. Besides EK needs you.

CAT IIIB
30th Aug 2005, 15:04
I don't understand why qualified and experienced pilots from Europe and Down Under are interested to work in EK considering the lower pay you'll get.You guys get paid more back home right?
Is it an upgrade of lifestyle or is it the thrill of being a 'white expatriate'?:confused:

ctl25
30th Aug 2005, 15:15
LHR Rain
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The actual requirments are just a PPL

Are you trying to say that pilot's with a PPL are working for EK?

From the website and people from inside this sound really new....

I am sorry to doubt you but could you explain?

Thank you

ctl25

Earl Hadlea
30th Aug 2005, 16:57
...........Over to you LHR

delta x-ray
30th Aug 2005, 17:18
PPL's for Emirates??!! Not only is that ilegal, it's a load of bullocks as well.:rolleyes:

Cerberus
31st Aug 2005, 02:07
Guys, check out the definition of "irony" in the dictionary before you doubt LHR. :ok:

He was havin a laff peeps!

Cerberus

Pete Conrad
31st Aug 2005, 08:41
CAT111B - You have got to be kidding right? The way the Australian aviation scene is going, don't be surprised if more show up in the middle east!!

LHR Rain
31st Aug 2005, 08:59
Absolutely, just a PPL. It does not matter if that is illegal, EK makes its own requirements. Don't delay, apply today!

ENVAR
31st Aug 2005, 10:26
LHR Rain, you are full of it....

ctl25
31st Aug 2005, 13:34
LHR Rain says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely, just a PPL. It does not matter if that is illegal, EK makes its own requirements. Don't delay, apply today!

Ok but how came that a friend of mine with 3200 hrs on B707/320C and other heavy Multi crew jet,Frozen ICAO ATPL and some other heavy turboprop flight time is never been contacted for an interview?

He is not the only one......

Can you explain this?

Thank you anyway

ctl25

atila_001
31st Aug 2005, 14:02
Hi everybody!!
I've heard that EK as well as QR are requiring many pilots.
Does anybody knows if it's true and if so is it possible to apply with less hours than required, and how minimum.
And between EK and QR what would you choose.
Thanks for info.
Bye....

FlyingSpanner
31st Aug 2005, 14:14
Me thinks there might be just a hint of humour in Rain Man's observations.

Come on boys, there can still be a laugh you know.

Spanner :O

Arnie DeDump
31st Aug 2005, 14:56
... Careful now Spanner, that might just be an invite for all those luny 4 holing 4 poling people and their son's to hi-jack the thread, oi oi !

zulumikegulf
31st Aug 2005, 18:11
if you like T7 ----> EK
if you like A300----> QR

lol
:cool: :D :D

LHR Rain
1st Sep 2005, 05:17
CTL25,

The most probable reason for your friend not getting an interview is that he has seen a widebody aircraft sometime in his lifetime. Either that or he comes from an industrious, first world country and if that is the case EK does not want your friend. Calling the third world pilots. EK wants and needs you, NOW!

CAT IIIB
1st Sep 2005, 14:13
Dear CTL25,
Relax,don't get excited.LHR Rain is simply being sarcastic.Be realistic,there's no way EK gonna give in to PPLs.

Dissapointed
1st Sep 2005, 17:53
Irony? Course I know what Irony is. It's a bit like Coppery or Bronzey, 'cept it's made out of Iron...