PDA

View Full Version : Citation Bravo and Encore

Seaeagle109
29th Aug 2005, 23:18
Hi, I used to fly the C550 about 10 years ago and was wondering if anyone who is current the Bravo and Encore could answer a question regarding the fuel system.

Q: Do the latest models require the addition of Prist(or similar; MIL-I-27686) anti-icing additive to the fuel, if it is not a preblended fuel(eg JP4/F34, etc), for all operations or has the system been modified to include fuel heaters?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

BizJetJock
30th Aug 2005, 11:06
I'm afraid I don't know the Bravo well enough to comment, never having flown one, but the Encore does not require PRIST for anti-icing. They do still recommend occasionally using it for anti-bacterial purposes.
They have not added fuel heaters, it's just that the new engines pruduce enough heat that the oil coolers warm the fuel adequately. They do have fuel temp indicators with a QRH procedure for the temp going below -34. I've never seen it get even close, and the procedure is to descend to warmer air!
Hope this helps,

BJJ

His dudeness
30th Aug 2005, 20:27
No fuel heaters on the Bravo...

Seaeagle109
30th Aug 2005, 20:53
Yes, that helps.

His dudeness, is the procedure the same for the Bravo as BBJ has described in the Encore?

His dudeness
30th Aug 2005, 22:05
No, since there is no fuel temp indication on the Bravo...

We use prist.

BTW. approved fuels are :
Jet A, Jet A1, Jet B, JP-4/5/8

Seaeagle109
31st Aug 2005, 12:17
Thanks for that dude, a shame they haven't changed the Bravo from the old CII, as we always had to use it, which was not always convenient.

scambuster
1st Sep 2005, 16:25
Bravo doesnt need prist

scambuster
2nd Sep 2005, 09:49
Agreed - certainly not on the NJE Bravo fleet anyway!

(Scambuster - make sure you log-off from PPRuNe, someone less honest could have had great fun in your screen-name.:uhoh: Can't PM you, didn't want to change your profile!!!)

Rotorstator
6th Sep 2005, 03:33
Never had to use Prist on the Bravo for its anti-icing properties but did add it every so often for anti-fungicidal.

The Bravo does have fuel temp indicators atleast the ones I flew did.

Dunnow about the Encore

Hope this helps

scambuster
9th Sep 2005, 11:02
Chapter 7, page 7 of FSI pilot training manual for the Bravo states,
the fuel/oil heat exchanger should eliminate the need for anti-ice inhibitors when using jet fuel without anti-ice inhibitors premixed.
It won't hurt however to use it. Indeed it may be a good idea to take some prist if available.

BizJetJock
10th Sep 2005, 15:24
CPlane,
You are correct. However the AFM (for the Encore at least), which is legally the definitive document, specifically says you don't. Since the lawyers are paranoid about the proofreading of the AFM and don't pay much attention to the POH, things in the POH are often cut and paste jobs from earlier versions. However, I think that if you want to be certain, always use PRIST or equivalent as it doesn't do any harm. The cost is insignificant compared to the total.

His dudeness
10th Sep 2005, 15:55
ROTORSTATOR,
our Bravo is around Serial nr. 860, and it has definetely no Fuel Temp indication....wondering if Cessna has put them into later ones ?