PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Wessex

greenarrow
28th Mar 2002, 00:39
A dark shadow was cast over Essex this morning.. .I watched from a 206 the sight of 10 Wess'ies.. .flying in a lose gaggle towards North Weald.. .What a splendid sight. Almost a formation.. .Twenty pairs of legs on the pedals and a dope on the rope in each throwing in the coal. More servicable aircraft than the AAC?.. .Sorry to see another great machine fade away.

John Eacott
28th Mar 2002, 02:45
72 Sqdn final fly past. There are a couple of threads on Military Forum, <a href="http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=46;t=002673" target="_blank">Wessex formation</a> and <a href="http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=46;t=002664" target="_blank">Bye Bye 72</a>

PANews
28th Mar 2002, 02:50
Just to add to the post ... the ten got their act together by the time they got to RAF Benson [Oxford] and they performed a tight flypast of the pad before sttling down with the Merlin's and Puma's on the pan.... [added to soon after by the based police 135]. After lunch they performed an exquisitely timed formation start, stream take-off and yet another tight flypast and disappeared to the West..... .. .The downside of this was that 72 and their Wessex formation was to fly over London but just before they set forth the 'Campaign' [against aircraft - CAA] stopped them and they routed around via Biggin Hill. Many awaiting them on the London bridges were left without their target.. .. .As this flight should have passed over Parliament it can only be presumed that the late decision was not wholly instigated by the CAA. The ten aircraft flight was a massive embarassment to certain persons who work in Whitehall. One more free nail into the security forces in Northern Ireland.

Vfrpilotpb
31st Mar 2002, 12:47
I am very happy to report that despite the saddness of the demise and parking up of the 72 Sqdn Wsx, I have found a new friend in one of their pilots, who is bound now for sunnier climbs to fly the last ones our RAF have, sad when politians take steps like this!!

If any moderator see this , WHY THE HELL HAVE WE GOT ALL THESE BRACKETS, is it B&Q