PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Snorters

philltowns
29th Aug 2005, 14:44
What is this obsession with the smell of jet fuel exhaust gas - my mates almost blow their load (by that, I mean that they're carrying handfuls of bubbles and almost exhale at a rate which would blow their load of bubbles onto the floor.... obviously) at the smell of jet fuel, but I think it just smells a bit like a bad bbq.

While doing a pre-flight check recently, I sniffed the Avgas in the fuel tester a bit hard and got a throat full. Not exactly the biggest turn-on.

Any fuel snorters out there care to explain yourself?

TheFlyingSquirrel
29th Aug 2005, 14:50
NOTHING, BUT NOTHING, COMPARES TO THAT SPENT A1 SMELL, DOWNWIND OF AN ALLISON 250 POWERED HELO JUST ABOUT TO LIFT !! ARRRRRRRHHHHH....SCREW BISTO !

Jerricho
29th Aug 2005, 14:54
Even as a ground-bound radar driver, I'll admit that walking out into the carpark on a crisp morning with the wind blowing from the east, the fain whiff of aviation fuel isn't an unpleasant thing. *shrug*

Capt.KAOS
29th Aug 2005, 15:00
Everybody his own fetish....

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

I love the smell of burned Castrol.

Krystal n chips
29th Aug 2005, 15:41
Your all so depraved !---why can't you just stick to leather and rubber like the rest of us !:eek: :hmm:

But the stuff does make a very ( dependent on your perspective / location ) impressive cascade in a fountain when an an anonymous person forgot to put the weights on the relief valves on the top of a Lightning in the hangar at Binbrook one summers day and then pressurised the fuel system Quite a lot of people got to enjoy--cough--the aroma :E

Jerricho
29th Aug 2005, 15:42
Beats smoking :E

Ozzy
29th Aug 2005, 18:09
Ah the joys of Magic Markers....:E

Ozzy