PDA

View Full Version : NJE roster

loz
29th Aug 2005, 14:33
hey,

i d like to know if anybody working at NJE could give me his opinion about NJE roster 6 ON / OFF . is it going to stay that way for the future or is there any rumour of change to something more traditional such as the 5 ON/3 OFF??
all kind of comments greatly appreciated,
cheers

Flintstone
30th Aug 2005, 00:11
Rumours abound.

The company say they expect 6 on/4 off to remain the norm during the summer reverting to 6 on/5 during quieter times.

There was one rumour of 6 on/3 off but I have it in writing from Lisbon that will never happen.

Mind you..................:hmm:

inca
30th Aug 2005, 14:09
Does it really matter?

People should expect to work for the money they earn.

Too many NJE crew bitching and whining about the roster.

It ok

tophe
30th Aug 2005, 20:04
Yes, not much money means less work. And it looks it's the opposit.........

Smeagel
30th Aug 2005, 22:22
Does it really matter?

Inca, you crack me up.

Does it matter? Does it matter?!

If loz is considering joining the company he's entitled to know whether the terms and conditions he agrees to are likely to be changed so yes, it matters.

Too many NJE crew bitching and whining about the roster.

I know you're infallible but has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, the reason so many people are complaining about the roster is that it's wrong and could be the reason eight pilots have quit over the last month?

Before you accuse me of lying again check your sources and they'll confirm that was 3 to Air France, 2 to British Airways, 1 to GB Airways, 1 to easyJet and 1 who was worn out by the 'great' roster you rave about and after his requests for unpaid leave to recuperate fell on deaf ears, simply quit.

Now I've a bet with someone on the content of your reply to this Inca, don't let me down.

inca
1st Sep 2005, 21:00
Youre gonna get fired as the company knows who you are..as do I.

Did you lose your bet??

Kopeloi
1st Sep 2005, 22:58
Inca,
Is NJE firing pilot if he tells some facts about conditions and pilot treatments?
Can't understand your way of dealing with your fellow pilot.

netjets
2nd Sep 2005, 07:42
Inca

I think you are the lowest of the low. How dare you treat a fellow pilot in such a way.

You lose the argument so you tell the company who you think Smeagel is. (How else do you know that the management know who Smeagel is?)

You make me feel sick!

inca
2nd Sep 2005, 09:49
Oh come along chaps...why dont you read Smeagals last post again.
He has a bet with someone about the content of my reply.

Dont think he thought I'd write that..

Just wanted him to lose his little bet.

Harmless fun on a RUMOUR NETWORK.

Personally I don't give a :yuk: who he is.

susi
2nd Sep 2005, 10:00
Hey INCA-

I have been following this thread with great interest- is that the company culture, firing people when they voice opinions?

SO how does the company deal with Safety related information... do you also get fired when you make improvement suggestions?

I hope all the Financial Times Readers that see the shiny and flashy adds of NetJets every week read your post- you have revealed a lot more about the company culture with your statement than smeagel has. Given the company culure you describe...your autocratic employers should fire YOU. If smeagels information is correct, why would it not be, and if your information is correct, why would it not be, then one must conclude, the people that have enough of the NJ company culture leave to major airlines with tough selection requirements and a proven healthy company culture with everything that goes with it(yes I am implying ...) Those that can't leave because they are not airline material have to stay and threaten to fire those who voice their opinion. If NJ pilots go to AF an BA they pass a hard selection and must be quite good- too bad NJ loses good people....maybe the "firing" culture is conducive to that brain drain?
I hope NJ customers read these posts- because statements like yours say a lot...

Smeagel
2nd Sep 2005, 10:19
inca. I lost my bet* but it was worth worth it to see you do what you just did.

You got rattled, threatened me and in doing so showed your true colours. You also, as susi said, confirmed the mentality of some within the company. Thankfully not all think like you, there's hope yet.

A shame that some cannot perceive the situation as easily as susi did. Not making a profit, people leave, more hiring and training costs, lower efficiency, greater financial deficit............

*Just so you don't feel bad, my girlfriend with whom I had the bet was very grateful for the forfeit ;)

netjets
3rd Sep 2005, 15:11
I have heard that this week "a very senior manager" has been briefing crews that there will be a 6 on 3 off roster next year.

He claims that other airlines do it so why not NJE? I think other airlines who work those patterns let their crews go home most nights, eg Ryanair and Easy!

So, it's time for another change in contracts as they tighten the screw.

Glad I'm out of it all!!!

Smeagel's Mum
3rd Sep 2005, 16:07
Smeagel's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy. :E

susi
3rd Sep 2005, 18:08
If they do that...they will lose people- attraction of NetJets is lifestyle, live where you want and at least 4days solid OFF in row. People have been leaving airlines for that lifestyle. If they do that...why work for NetJets?

They say on their website they only take 3% of the applicants and most of them have commercial airline or military experience- most guys that I know joined from airlines with less than four days OFF in a row Rosters. In that case the guy with airline experience will leave, because EZY and RYANAIR have less OFF days in row but you ar at home at night. Not to speak of the BA rosters which are very nice compared to 6/3.
So how will they market themselves-
they say in the Financial Times ..."the safest operator, safety commitment second to none...in the next 5 years spending 75 mio on pilot training, bla,bla..."-
or "Netjets to hire 150 pilots- most of the pilots are currently working for airlines..."
well if they want to market that ex ailrine pilot bit they'd better watch out and take care of the T+C's- RYAN and EZY expanding- 6/3 + away from home all of a sudden looks really bad compared to 5/3 RYAN and 5/2 plus 5/4 with EZY.
they will spend a lot more on pilot training and they will have to change the add to... we have experienced pilots...that don't find jobs with airlines and now come work for us...
The guys that join NJ from major airlines have passed airline selections and will pass them again...they will leave...Military pilots are smart cookies anyway, if they have good leadership skills(for a cockpit environment) and if not too old they will leave as well... so now what kind of NJ pilot will be left?

What's the marketing scoop now?

Can anybody confirm when this info was released , or is it just a rumour?

sweetpollypurebred
4th Sep 2005, 11:16
Inca mate,
Theres a huge change you`ll get your f*^king head punch in with an attitude like that. No place is perfect ace, and blokes are entitled to speak the truth.

If you want to suckhole then dont waste it on here, get on your hands and knees and plonk yourself under your boss`s desk.:hmm: