View Full Version : RAF/RN SAR Pilots - Please read here

flying doc
18th Oct 2000, 23:58
Dear Sirs/Madams,
I am writing to ask for help with a small problem which I am hoping one of you may be able to solve. You may have heard this request a hundred times but I ask that you please read on until the end.

I am a Cadet Warrant Officer in the ATC and am the senior cadet of a successful Scottish squadron. I am PPL qualified and have an ex and am always trying to find ways to spice up life at my squadron and have done quite well in the past. I have organised station visits and even a Hawk flight for my friend and fellow Flight Sergeant.

I am writing to ask if any helicopter aircrew might be willing to give some of my cadets an air experince flight onboard a sea king, or other service helicopter, whether it be this year or next. I have a few service medical and pilot friends that I have made over 6 years in the corps, but I have only me two SAR crew who were unable to help me. Due to bad weather, our last two AEF flying details (which are few and afr between) have been cancelled.

It would be possible for me to organise some kind of exercise which might be of use for SAR training and I would be very glad to do so if anybody thought that this would benefit them.

I do understand the pressures imposed on military aircrew at the moment, and on the mandatory training time crews must undertake, but if anyone could help me, or knows of anyone who could help me, I would be delighted to hear from them.

I apologise if this is a common request but I am just hoping that a fellow PPRuNer will be able to help, and put a lot of smiles on young faces.

Please feel free to contact me on PPRuNe or by e-mail, and I hope to speak to someone soon.

Many thanks for your time,

CWO, ATC