PDA

View Full Version : Heavylift Arabia

Flying Mechanic
28th Aug 2005, 21:00
Fellow Freight dogs!
Does any one have any info/contacts on these guys?We were parked on the ramp last night in Dubai next to there DC8 (A6-HLA). If anyone can PM any contact info I would really appreciate it......always been my dream to fly the Diesel 8!!

Cheers FM

VP8
30th Aug 2005, 06:47
Try

www.heavyliftfreight.com
T+97165581600

VEEPS :suspect:

Engineer
30th Aug 2005, 14:30
Is this company based in SHJ? And is the rumour of expansion into the wide bodied aircraft market true?

VP8
30th Aug 2005, 17:09
Company is based in SHJ.

Haven't heard anything on widebody yet but is A6-HLA still in DXB??

VEEPS

dionysius
30th Aug 2005, 19:41
A DC8-63F in Heavylift logo was in Lasham up until recently having a vent door fitted, believe there was problems with company paying for mod ?

Engineer
30th Aug 2005, 19:52
It would appear that with the demise of Heavylift at STN and SEN a whole new culture has been born. One in Aus and this one in UAE. Are Hale and Pace behind these ventures or is it an offshot of this company (http://www.algkc.com/index.htm)

dionysius
31st Aug 2005, 08:15
Methinks its part of Azima's empire ALG.

Is this the same company mentioned on this thread ?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187328

:confused:

Engineer
31st Aug 2005, 10:39
dionysius

Not sure on that unless the dogzbollox is going to show some bolloxs and name the company in question. :ok:

An agency is looking for widebodied crews for a SHJ freight startup in Oct could it be Dorothy from Kansas or a new kid on the block :E

ringtone
31st Aug 2005, 11:43
The problem at Lasham was not payment it was part of the mod kit failed on installation so new parts had to be manfactured. I was told that by someone who works there and was involved with the mod.
I thought 9G-PEL was a Johnsons aircraft?

Flying Mechanic
31st Aug 2005, 12:32
The company at Sharjah getting widebody freighters is Phoenix Aviation.They are getting a 747-200.

holidaymax
31st Aug 2005, 14:54
Both planes have been flying regularly between DSA and DXB since commencing of cargo flights at DSA.

Engineer
31st Aug 2005, 17:14
Not sure about 200 series the agency is looking for DC10 crews :{

CargoOne
31st Aug 2005, 22:17
Flying Mechanic

Are this (these) 747 will be EX- registered as well?

dc872
2nd Sep 2005, 19:39
Are you sure they are not based at Barhain?

Yak97
2nd Sep 2005, 21:30
This is the same Phoenix Aviation of Kyrgzstan, who are banned by the UK Gvmt as there are "doubts about the operating base" of the airline i.e. EX- (Kyrgz registered) but based in Sharjah.

ringtone
3rd Sep 2005, 09:21
K9's Testicles.You are tottally wrong about the Lasham bit and would suspect you are also way off the mark with the rest of it.
Perhaps change your name to dogs**t.

FL460
5th Sep 2005, 19:58
Engineer....you are correct....... my sources cfm its Hale and Pace...... :mad:

Engineer
6th Sep 2005, 04:56
FL460
Can remember when the company advertised in FI for DC8 crews contact name then was K Keegan ex HLA Op director. So did assume that H&P were not too far away :\

antonovman
6th Sep 2005, 06:18
I worked for HLA and have never heard of K Keegan

Bert Stiles
6th Sep 2005, 07:57
Antonovman

KK was Ops Director before BW. I'd be very surprised if he was still interested in such tacky goings on.

BS.

VP8
6th Sep 2005, 13:58
I though K.K. was involved in the Guppy business that has gone quiet all of a sudden...

Is A6-HLA still on gound in DBX:ooh:

VEEPS:E

Thunderbird 3
6th Sep 2005, 16:01
It was my understanding KK was involved in crew training for the Guppy, But it now appears FA is channelling his efforts in the direction of the DC8 operation.
Antovman:
KK is the son of Mike Keegan(RIP) the founder of BAF & TMAC.
Where Pace started of as a boy - ain't grown up much since then.
But got rich on just hanging about.

Engineer
6th Sep 2005, 16:06
Bert Stiles
It was KKs name on the FI advert in Dec 04 see this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=160861&highlight=keegan) as for involvement in tacky operation maybe due to too much Jameison or not enough ;)
Regarding BW what ever happen him did he retire still wearing his green grow bag flying suit :ok:

Was he and MS the backbone of the Guppy fleet? :ok:

antonovman you must be a young man :{ if you have not heard of KK and MK does Hanger 4 TMAC at STN mean anything?

Hope you have a sense of humour and can take a bit of leg pulling :E

Sherwood
6th Sep 2005, 18:05
the DC8 62 and DC8 63 are both Johnsons Air and Jetset Cargo have been chartering them from DSA to DXB recently. Check the Jetset website for more info.

Bert Stiles
6th Sep 2005, 18:40
Well Eng, you must be right. I'd guess he got his arm twisted after the Jamesons. Still he must be 70++, I'm still surprised he'd want anything to do with their nonsense after his second retirement of what ? 12 years ago ? He'd make more dosh at his cabinet making. As for BW - dunno; when I left he was still telling us that we'd get C-17s or 747s and that the B4s were a great idea. Still they were fun.

Bujumbura.

BS.

edited for a lengthy PS
Oh and weren't the original Translift DC-8s (wrong sort naturally) somehow connected to HLA in addition to the McGollick, Hales and Pace link. Speedy's time on them was all on 55s I think. And what's happened to Stocks anyway?

Thunderbird 3
7th Sep 2005, 10:21
If you mean Alan Stocks ? he is working with Bernard Keay.
Both at Intavai - African International DC8-62F & 54F.

Engineer
7th Sep 2005, 12:54
Did KK not retire due to ongoing heart condition. If back in the arena must be fit and well which is a good thing

Bujumbura
French handling guy with fanastic black girlfriend/wife with legs upto her armpits :ok: made your head turn.

Almost as good as the coke machine at the top of Ayers Rock :E

Yak97
7th Sep 2005, 16:44
TMAC... Ah there's a name from the past.

MK had that DC3 "Executive Jet", used to go following Rupert(?) the racing driver.

And the MT section at SEN spent all their time repairs motors that had been written off between STN & SEN.

Ah, happy days.