PDA

View Full Version : Posting

tart1
28th Aug 2005, 21:19
What do you prefer??

If you are starting a new thread, what makes you feel good/bad??

Being ignored is awful. :(

But being abused is not great either. :{

Positive posting is fantastic but is not guaranteed to happen however good the topic.

You know what they say though .......... any attention is better than none at all so maybe it is best to ignore any criticism and accept all incoming offensive posts of whatever nature!! :eek:

airship
28th Aug 2005, 21:23
I thought this was a feckin' thread about the feckin' exorbitant prices the feckin' postal authorities charged to post a feckin' letter these feckin' days. I was feckin' wrong... ;)

DishMan
28th Aug 2005, 21:39
...what about the posting "one of her Majesty's" less favourable locations........

Oh thread posting... UUuumm.....guess like the "significant other" falling asleep during ops. Ignoring must be pretty bad....i.e. getting to page TWO with less than 10 replies :)

tart1
28th Aug 2005, 21:43
Come on guys!!

Posting is posting, right??

It's what we're all busying ourselves with when we should be mowing the lawn, doing the ironing, making love to the significant other, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

Get with the programme! :\

(F**k me this like getting blood out of a stone!)

tall and tasty
28th Aug 2005, 22:33
tart1

the reasons why I make a posting/reply to postings usually arise from either:

(1) Had discussion with a friend/family work collegue and a debate starts so think I know lets see how ppruners do it

(2) Something that interests me or has happened and want to see how others would handle it.

But the reactions to it just interest me, I have had up to 19 pages on something I really did not think was such a big thing. That was amazing

But if there is no interest then it may just be that no one reading has had it happen or has no views on it but does not really bother me that much.

Abuse - I think I am big enough to take constructive criticisum(even over my spelling) if not there is really no point in posting.

Other replies just get me in stitches, raise questions in my mind, or just let me see how others see a situation and reply to it

TnT

:p

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 11:09
"If you are starting a new thread, what makes you feel good/bad??"

Feel good - seeing the number of hits, and some replies...bad, good, or abusive? who gives a rat's - at least you know you've stimulated SOME grey matter somewhere
Ignored? Means my grey matter hasn't been good enough to rouse anyone elses. :(

It's what we're all busying ourselves with when we should be mowing the lawn, doing the ironing, making love to the significant other, etc, etc. I love to f:mad:ck AND post simultaneously - isn't that what we ALL do?

(F**k me this like getting blood out of a stone!)Okay, there's the blood - time to pay up :O

(Retrieved from Page 2, because of tart's offer. :} )

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 12:10
In case she hasn't noticed :O
Put ya mouth where ya money is!! :8

tart1
29th Aug 2005, 12:29
Sorry K - I have noticed.

Had to go out on an urgent errand ....... left myself logged on.

Thanks for the reply. :D :D

Binoculars
29th Aug 2005, 12:34
Methinks Kaptin M's doctor has been injecting him with anti-subtlety vaccine instead of bird flu vaccine. When does the missus get back, Kaptin? :E

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 12:46
She's here mate - albeit with a 1 week stay in hospital to deliver our 3rd - and she sends you her http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-011.gif

As you noted on another thread, somewhere, I'm not into subtlety - nor bu!!sh!t.

Whaddya mean, "Thanks for the reply" :D :D ........what happened to the "F**k me"???
We males are s l o w learners when it cums to the opposite sex, aren't we!! :{

tart1
29th Aug 2005, 12:55
3 children - that means Kaptin M must have had sex 3 times!

Shocking behaviour. :uhoh:

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 12:58
7 actually (children)
Sex 8 times - but one was a miscarriage!
Infertile b!tch!!

tart1
29th Aug 2005, 13:08
8 times ......... you're obviously a sex-addict. :}

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 13:10
Did I say 8 - I meant ATE

Onan the Clumsy
29th Aug 2005, 13:16
3 children - that means Kaptin M must have had sex 3 times! ...well it means his WIFE has had sex 3 times :}

:(

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 13:25
Actually 1 of them was triplets.......or 3 of them were onelets :ugh:

Binoculars
29th Aug 2005, 14:01
Good grief, Kaptin, I wasn't aware; that explains a lot! I would have thought someone as smart as you would have figured out what causes it by now?

My best wishes to the delightful Mrs. M for the birth. Hope all goes well. :ok:

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 14:20
It's a done deal, Binos - 4 weeks old tomorrow!

Binoculars
29th Aug 2005, 14:26
In that case, I believe congratulations are the socially acceptable response! Might even buy you a couple of belated headwetters in January. :ok:

Jerricho
29th Aug 2005, 15:13
Spawn of Kapt?

You trying to tell us you actually made kids with that thing???

Congrats mate

Kaptin M
29th Aug 2005, 15:37
She won't like you for saying THAT, Jerricho :}

(Is it good for anything else??)

Jerricho
29th Aug 2005, 15:38
Writing your name in the snow............ and that's about it.

tart1
29th Aug 2005, 22:37
Further to earlier posts on the subject:

Kaptin M, you could always try getting a TV set.

Greatest form of contraception I know!! :p :p

rubik101
30th Aug 2005, 14:45
For fourteen years I lived without a TV. I got one last year for the Euro footie. Now that I have one all I watch is the cricket! How sad is that?

BombayDuck
30th Aug 2005, 16:59
If you are starting a new thread, what makes you feel good

THREAD DRIFT!

(Refer above)

:D

Standard Noise
30th Aug 2005, 21:02
Greatest form of contraception I know

Isn't that called a 'wedding ring'?:rolleyes: