PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones - part-time SARboy

Thud_and_Blunder
12th Jul 2001, 18:55
Just found this news item on the BBC - "Harrison Ford stars in rescue mission" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1435000/1435325.stm). Perhaps it explains why "Copter Cody" is so keen to ingratiate himself in these pages (the rescued survivor in this instance being one Cody Clawson, a 13-year-old Boy Scout). Perhaps being stuck out on a mountain overnight might - nah, he's not going to quit chipping in with his "Chinook for 4 million" (their customers wish...) or "advice to workseekers - try long-lining" posts, is he? :rolleyes:

Anyway, well done to Mr Ford for making good use of his time and resources.

paco
12th Jul 2001, 22:01
HF regularly lends his machine to the local police force, including himself.

cheers

Phil

RW-1
13th Jul 2001, 19:26
Harry got his licence where I train. but one thing, this is his second reported rescue. As stated he regularly assists in searches in the area if he is available.

So it's not suprising. Of course all those other people who perform searches are not as widely known ...

Pac Rotors
14th Jul 2001, 10:26
I actually think its great that he is using his helo for that type of work as well as his own personal use. I know of a lot of private owners out there that wouldnt give SAR operations the time to day let alone go and help them find someone. I notice on the justhelo forum some time ago that they bashed him for doing it??

Cant figure out why since the event had a good outcome. What are others thoughts on this.

Gainesy
14th Jul 2001, 18:30
Good for him; what does he fly?

paco
14th Jul 2001, 18:50
He flies a 407, having started with a 206L.

Can't think why they bashed him for helping out - if more people in such positions helped out here and there the world would be a nicer place.

Phil

[ 14 July 2001: Message edited by: paco ]