PDA

View Full Version : Moving Down Under

Stayinalive
28th Aug 2005, 11:00
Hi all
Would like your help on this one. Am a South African ATP with 9000 hrs total time and am in the process of moving down under. I would be indebted to anyone with any information regarding conversion of foreign license as well as prospective opportunities in any part of Oz. Mostly multi time and in excess of 3000 hrs multi turbine....not much jet.
Like to work hard...no problem about remote locations and will concede the fact that you guys down under are better rugger and cricket players than us.....now I am treading dangerous ground...
Serious though....I would like your help....
Thanks Mate:ok:

mattyj
28th Aug 2005, 21:02
forget about Aus..we would all be there if we could but the minimums required for any turbine work are too high..try NZ..theres a bit of recruiting going on if you can fly in rain

footloose
28th Aug 2005, 23:10
Good Luck to you Stayinalive.

For license conversion requirements your best bet would be to email the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority at the following address

[email protected]

As for work prospects you may want to try the Royal Flying Doctor Service. They fly Kingairs, pay reasonably well and have been advertising recently for pilots. (And won't make you pay for the endorsement!) Skippers Aviation and Network Aviation in Perth have turbo prop fleets. You may want to do a web search of each Fridays "The Australian" newspaper.
They run a regular aviation section and this is where you will find jobs advertised.

I believe Jetstar are still recruiting if you are prepared to pay for a 320 endorsement. Virgin looking for another dozen or so FO's early next year. Same deal re 737 rating.

Once again, Good Luck to you

9Ws
29th Aug 2005, 03:15
Stayinalive check your pm's

missy
29th Aug 2005, 10:47
Am a South African ATP with 9000 hrs total time and am in the process of moving down under.

I would have thought South Africa was "down under". Must open up Google Earth and have another look!!

Stayinalive
29th Aug 2005, 20:54
Footloose and 9W....thanks for the info...appreciated. Will be working on that. 9W thanks for the extra gen..
Cya....

Stayinalive
30th Aug 2005, 08:18
Hiya Missy
Not sure of the relevance here of ur comments ....but will look anyway and see if it helps in any way..
Down under..next to ...or on top of where u may well be...
I dunno...u got me

ROKAPE
30th Aug 2005, 11:12
will concede the fact that you guys down under are better rugger and cricket players than us.....

Are you sure your a 'yarpee' no South African would admit to that comment while they are still upright...and have you seen the latest scores?