PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problems

flynverted
27th Aug 2005, 17:38
XP O.S., Microsoft Intellimouse. Said mouse has started acting up in the past few days. Whenever left clicking on anything I have to click 2 or 3 or more times before whatever I click on opens. :mad: When double clicking is required it generally takes 5 or 6 clicks. :*
The device manager says it's working ok, and all the settings are correct, and the USB cable has been checked.
Right click and the scroll wheel work ok. :ok:

BTW, the problem exists when using Firefox, I.E., and all programs, files, etc. on the computer. :mad: :{

SoftTop
27th Aug 2005, 18:04
(stupid question number one ...)
Have you tried a bog-standard, run of the mill, normal mouse? If so does that work OK?

Have you gone into Control Panel/Mouse and selected the Buttons tab and then tried changing the value of the Double Click speed yet? It might be set too fast.

There are a fair number of things you can tweak in there, so only change one thing at a time before trying out the new setting.

ST

flynverted
27th Aug 2005, 18:08
Yup, that's the first thing I tried. Restore defaults didn't help either. :*
Don't have another mouse to try and the puter shop doesn't open til Mon. morning.

SoftTop
2nd Sep 2005, 06:01
Did you sort the problem? If so, what was it? :confused:

ST

flynverted
2nd Sep 2005, 14:30
Not sorted yet. :( Was o.k. for a few days, then it started acting up again today, but not as bad as it was last week. :rolleyes:
I'm beginning to think maybe it's:
A) An overheating problem, or
B) Memory, or rather lack of memory.

ExGrunt
6th Sep 2005, 15:15
The most common thing to cause mouse problems is dirt lodging in the works causing an intermittent contact.

Every so often I have to disassemble mine and clean it out.