PDA

View Full Version : Honest answers on a postcard please.....

TheFlyingSquirrel
27th Aug 2005, 09:43
What is the longest time anyone has ever spent ppruning without a break ?

Whirlygig
27th Aug 2005, 09:45
What? Not even a break to refill one's glass of Rioja? In that case, er...., about an hour!!!

Cheers

Whirls

Maude Charlee
27th Aug 2005, 10:14
Drapes is never away from here, so prolly many years.

Conan the Librarian
27th Aug 2005, 11:58
Pprune has so far got me late to two appointements and I was also late for a date - but I laughed and laughed and (got the idea yet?)

The most therapeutic website it has been my pleasure to read. Intelligent, well constructed argument, provocative conversation, mysogyny, bile, childishness, bigotry, sarcasm, vicious rumour and more shining wits than you could shake a stick at. Also occasionaly connected to aviation.

Care in the community never looked so good.

Keep it up!

Conan

tony draper
27th Aug 2005, 12:06
One is away sometimes, one still takes the occasional contract, but those foldy up rifles have made life so much easier.
:rolleyes:

Onan the Clumsy
27th Aug 2005, 13:00
Intelligent, well constructed argument, provocative conversation, mysogyny, bile, childishness, bigotry, sarcasm, vicious rumour and more shining wits than you could shake a stick at. ...but do you read pruune as well? :p

Capn Notarious
27th Aug 2005, 19:40
Longest time for me must be two or three hours.
It is much easier to Pprune when there is not Ann Irateother shouting and demanding attention.
Ppruning is good in the winter when going out is so dam cold.

tart1
27th Aug 2005, 19:53
I've never timed it but I notice that the more glasses of beverage I consume, the longer I stay online and the more posting I do. :O

I am less vocal when sober.

Jerricho
27th Aug 2005, 21:14
Do you really want to know......... :(

(Lets just say that Capn N's insight into winter is very true round here.)

DishMan
27th Aug 2005, 21:26
There's PPruning and JBing.;and then there's TRRBATPSOITing....

One can Pprune for 5 mins, or JB for an hour. But even if y'er not logged on y'ell always be Trabbying!!!! :E

flyblue
27th Aug 2005, 22:52
You tell me, DishMan.
The Dark Side has claimed me :(

BlueDiamond
28th Aug 2005, 02:15
It can be a bit difficult to tell ... if I'm home, I fire up the computer (and that includes logging on to the internet) while I'm having my first cup of coffee. Because I am on a dial-up, I do not disconnect but leave PPRuNe running in the background while I do graphics and other things and just return to it to see what's happening at (very) frequent intervals. I have definitely prooned for over an hour without ANY sort of a break though (including making coffee, answering phone, going to loo etc.)

This applies only at home ... I don't proon from work at all. I've never been in a job (office sort or similar) where internet access was available or even required. Shame really ... it could increase one's scope soooooo much .... :(

The Dark Side has claimed me
Hehehehehehe ... another victim to the slaughter. Step right in, my pretty ..... :E

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Aug 2005, 07:32
The Force is strong in that one, Ms Bluey...:ok:

tall and tasty
28th Aug 2005, 09:10
This is sad but the longest time was from 2000 - 0400 the next morning, but there was a very good reason to it

But do have It had it running in the background and toggle back and forth all day if I am at the computer working

TnT :p

airship
28th Aug 2005, 19:00
Well, today Sunday 28th August:

1st post 11:55
23 posts later (not including this one) 19:45

:hmm:

The cats got fed and the laundry got done and hung out too. But I admit the hoovering got put off...for the 3rd consecutive week (or is it 4 now?) :uhoh:

ThreadBaron
28th Aug 2005, 19:21
Rusty
The Force is strong in that one
You mean the Farce my dear boy, the Farce.

One mug of Earl Grey demerit!;)

DishMan
28th Aug 2005, 20:56
Maybe you should go have a look at Timmcat's AA thread on PPrunaholism...... :E

Oh and Ms Flyblue la sinestra has already taken it's toll of bcp de gens in the form of TRRBATPSOITitis :E

tart1
28th Aug 2005, 20:57
airship - there's only one solution to sort the hoovering problem out .................

.....pay someone else to do it!!

Works a treat. :D

And BTW broadband is a wonderful thing. If I so wish, I leave myself logged on to Pprune all day long. ;)

RiskyRossco
29th Aug 2005, 04:41
Hmmm. . . :hmm: . . . time in Proon. . . ? There's always the argument that Proon and temporal reality are dichotomous, sorta like taking the Discovery out round Proxima Centauri and getting back to find yer fambly's gone by 10 generations. . :uhoh:
Not quite at the stage where one requires a glutealchairectomy after a particularly extensive proon mission although, once or twice, one has managed to pass through midnight and out the other side while meandering through threads. .

"certainly not addicted, doctor, I can quit any time I want. . . simply not this week. . ."
:O