PDA

View Full Version : Management Pay?

What to do?
27th Aug 2005, 09:30
Wotcha

We always talk about getting **** on by management, but how much do they actually get paid for this service? Naturally directors and the board are probably able to buy an African state each month, but what do general managers (if such a thing exists) get paid? Is it more than pilots?

Cheers

Doors to Automatic
30th Aug 2005, 21:58
Depends on airline and position but a GM level in a reasonably sized airline may be on 40-50k plus car/pension etc.

OneWorld22
31st Aug 2005, 07:38
And that's a good bit less then pilots it has to be said. Certainly captains anyway.

It's only really directors and VP's who can make big money in the airline biz. Pay is generally poor for other employees, ops guys and gals, check in staff, maintenance etc. When you take into he account a lot of the work is on shift patterns it's really shi**y

ZFT
31st Aug 2005, 08:07
As a GM of a Training Organisation who works 80+ hours weeks EVERY week don’t get me started!!!!!!!!!! (and I’m not complaining. Like everyone else, if I really don’t like it, I can vote with my feet)

Doors to Automatic
31st Aug 2005, 08:48
And don't forget that salary is all you get - there is usually no overtime, and definitely no flight pay etc.