PDA

View Full Version : Kununurra cane burning night

drshmoo
27th Aug 2005, 01:14
It has come to my attention that at the annual cane burning night at the airport, the two companies did not come together and have a BBQ/drinks at the alligator or slingair hanger but instead chose to do things separately.

In the past it was a night which we all enjoyed but Im not sure if this a sign of the times and the possible tension between the two companies. It is sad to see another fun tradition dissapear.

Could any of the currents boys/gals enlighten us to the situation.

Dave Incognito
27th Aug 2005, 04:51
Ah yes….

Deck chairs, cold beers propped up on the tail of a slug, good people and a massive fire. What more could you want?

Could possibly have something to do with the fact that it’s been 2 years since the last burn. If memory serves me correctly, the field next to the airport was burnt early or was damaged (or something along those lines) last year so there wasn’t a chance to hold the event. Maybe all the newbies aren’t aware of the traditional big get togethers down at the ‘gator hangar. I think there is only one person left at Alligator who would remember these previous events, and lets face it, he’s not the most sociable bloke around…

elemenohpee
27th Aug 2005, 05:25
Huge fire no one around, where were you drshmoo. Only 5 or so people around that night @ s/air:ok:

Transition Layer
27th Aug 2005, 06:36
The shmoo would most likely have been sipping a latte down at Bondi.

:cool: