PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Library destroyed by fire

Jackonicko
26th Aug 2005, 17:15
Awful news just in - Presidential Library destroyed by fire. Nothing saved.

BUSH PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DESTROYED BY FIRE

MSNBC staff and news service reports

Crawford, Texas -- A tragic fire this morning destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. The fire began in the presidential bathroom where both of the books were kept. A presidential spokesman said the president was devastated, as he had finished joining all the dots in the first book, and had almost finished colouring in the second one.

Boom boom!

Maple 01
26th Aug 2005, 17:54
I remember when that was a Ray-Gun joke - wait long enough and everything comes round again!

ZH875
26th Aug 2005, 17:56
maybe they could replace them wiv sum toppos from ebay, or maybe a couple of new Janet & John books

West Coast
26th Aug 2005, 19:49
And I thought journo's didn't have a sense of humour. Just not a good one. Next thing lawyers will have us in stitches as well.

Impiger
26th Aug 2005, 19:57
Without wishing to seem overly curmudgeonly .... Just what has this got to do with military aviation??

Maple 01
26th Aug 2005, 20:21
Oh I dunno, perhaps one of the lost books was the 'I-Spy book of the Axis of Evil' foreword by Dr Evil

SASless
27th Aug 2005, 01:19
Just Jacko having a liberal moment.....shame he can't see the humour in the suggestion of Ted Kennedy in a speedo!:uhoh:

Maple 01
27th Aug 2005, 09:38
SASless is so unforgiving, Ted Kennedy drives one car off a bridge once and no-one will let him forget it - it's not as if anyone got killed or that he was drunk........oh, hang-on a mo......

Earthmover
27th Aug 2005, 11:56
Yep, you [email protected] one sheep .............:E

TheFlyingSquirrel
27th Aug 2005, 12:01
Did the Heimlich manouvere book go up too ? He was just getting to the page about Pretzels !

27th Aug 2005, 14:25
Ted (http://www.bizbag.com/Cartoons/kennedy.htm)

It's an old one, but they do say that they're the best!

frostbite
27th Aug 2005, 17:08
At least he's graduated from jigsaws - he showed a completed one to his Chief of Staff and said 'look, only taken me a week to finish that one!'

'That's not very impressive' said the CoS.

'Look here on the box' said Dubya, 'it says three to five years!'

con-pilot
27th Aug 2005, 18:03
419, where on earth did you find that old “ad”?

I remember all of the shock and outrage by the Democrats when that ad came out in the ‘National Lampoon’ magazine. The Democratic Party actually forced the ‘National Lampoon’ to withdraw the magazine from the shelves and ask for a voluntary return of that issue from those of us that had already purchased that issue. FAT CHANCE!

I did have that issue; however, believe it or not, my ex-wife threw it out because she thought it was in bad taste. Just one reason why she is ex.:E

pigboat
27th Aug 2005, 18:20
Yeah connie I saved that issue also, but it never survived a move. :(
They had some great ones. Remember the ad for Clampax Pontoons? One method of insertion being he heel of a shoe. :D :D

Jackonicko
27th Aug 2005, 23:46
I'll laugh at the Kennedy clan any day you like, SASless.

From the pox-ridden, Clintonesque ego maniac to the drunken underwater Lombard rally ace.

And jokes at Kerry's expense are often pretty funny too!

BenThere
27th Aug 2005, 23:53
The Best National Lampoon Cover Ever:

Buy This Magazine or We'll Kill This Dog

chuks
29th Aug 2005, 07:49
Yeah! And they did, too, the b*stards. The next issue featured a dead pooch.

I was sharing a house with a raving loony leftie feminist who subscribed to 'Ms.', which had a 'Without Comment' page featuring typical male chauvinist stupid things the wimmin found terminally offensive. So someone sent them a parody ad from the Lampoon that featured the 'Pack' CB radio, a send-up of a then-current 'Pace' advert.

In the real advert a woman has a flat tire or something, picks up the mike and in the very next frame there is a nice repairman sorting out her problems. 'With a Pace CB radio you have the world in your hand!' was the slogan, or something like that.

In the Lampoon parody the woman makes her call, which is monitored by a horde of dirtbags. In the very next frame she is being raped by the Hells Angels while various ethnic minority group members are stealing the tires, radio and engine from her car. 'With a Pack CB you have the world by the tits!'

So, of course, the humourless wimmin ran the parody as an example of a real advert, which I found side-splittingly funny. When my little housemate just had to complain about the very low tone of the Lampoon I flopped Ms. open to the page in question and told her that at least they knew the difference between parody and reality! So no nookie for an extended period after that! And it probably served me right, too!