PDA

View Full Version : Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper

SASless
26th Aug 2005, 09:50
Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper
Aug 25 3:31 PM US/Eastern

YUMA, Ariz.

Illegal immigrants threw rocks at a Border Patrol helicopter, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing when one of the rocks damaged the rotor, the agency said.

Neither the pilot nor the Border Patrol observer was injured.

The A-Star helicopter was two miles west of the U.S. Port of Entry in Andrade, Calif., on Tuesday when a group of immigrants began throwing rocks at the aircraft.

One baseball-sized rock gashed the rotor, forcing the pilot to land nearby, said Michael Gramley, spokesman for the Border Patrol sector based in Yuma, Ariz.

Gramley said he did not know how high the helicopter was hovering when it was struck, but he said it was being repaired and is expected back in service soon.

After the incident, 17 people were apprehended for illegally crossing the border, and two of them were being investigated for smuggling. Ten immigrants evaded capture.

The investigation into the rock-throwing was continuing.

Josh10524
26th Aug 2005, 10:20
I think it's time to mount an M240 in the door.

R22DRIVER
26th Aug 2005, 11:39
SASless,

Sounds like your olive green thing with door guns is needed in the US to open a huge can of woopass and these illegal muppets!!!

Fill em full of holes there boy!!!!

SASless
26th Aug 2005, 12:12
You might say we have two very "politically correct" M-60's here...in a dust up with baddies....I think the real McCoy would be more fun!:ok:

One must be careful when opening that can of WhoopAss....not spilling it on yerself is the trick!:E

chuks
26th Aug 2005, 13:29
It sounds as if they should pass that rock-thrower's name along to a scout for Major League Baseball. See what he can do on the pitcher's mound if he can knock down low-flying aircraft with his fastball!

And, yes, that Whoop-Ass does seem to be messy stuff. It obeys the Law of Unintended Consequences, I believe...

TheFlyingSquirrel
26th Aug 2005, 13:31
What I find staggering is the amount of civvy patrols who without any outside funding, drive up and down the border ' helping ' the authorites to spot illegals, fully armed of course ! Surely these guys must have an R22 between them as well?

Gerhardt
26th Aug 2005, 14:56
I'm surprised they don't have a .22 between them.

imabell
26th Aug 2005, 22:45
i wouldn't have thought the border patrol would refer to them as "immigrants", more like illegal aliens, or colloquially as "wetbacks".