PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL theory

MCA
26th Aug 2005, 02:33
Any one out there had and positive/negative experiences with the UK JAA CPL theory, any recommendations as to the best school to go with? Please PM me if you like…

Cullear1
26th Aug 2005, 12:53
I presume as this is in the rotorheads forum that you do mean JAA cpl/h theory? if this is the case as far as i understand it there are only a couple of schools ofering cpl/h theory. one is the interim heli course and the other one approved by the CAA (campaign against aviation) as the "fully approved" course.
open to correction on this

MCA
26th Aug 2005, 14:59
You are right I am after any information about the JAA CPL H theory anyone who has received the approved course and how they got on with it…. Any recommendations?

Helibelly
26th Aug 2005, 15:20
Why would you want to do the CPL theory when the ATPL theory isn't any harder. Did mine through Bristol via distance learing and passed everything first time.

MCA
26th Aug 2005, 15:27
Now that’s the sort of feedback that I am after… the time constraints of doing the ATPL is the big one for me… in my limited research (talking to friends who have done the Bristow’s course) it seams to take about 6 months would that be correct? :ok:

Whirlygig
26th Aug 2005, 18:40
Helibelly,

I'm also doing CPL exams rather than ATPL and you know I wouldn't take that sort of decision lightly.

The main reason was that I realised the chances of getting an Instrument Rating in three years were slim, if not non-existent. Therfore, if, in 5 years times, I was fortunate to be in a position to get an IR, I would have to do the exams again.

The CPL route is also cheaper and, using expectation and probability theory, costed both routes. I was better off with CPL.

Cheers

Whirls