PDA

View Full Version : ....And the kids aren't even back at school yet!

Whirlygig
25th Aug 2005, 18:14
This morning I received my first Christmas catalogue in the post.

In a manner similar to hearing the first cuckoo in spring, can anyone else beat that!

As a matter of principle, I won't be buying anything from them - we could at least wait until the clocks go back rather doing the Christmas shopping in the glorious sunshine!

Cheers

Whirls

Ozzy
25th Aug 2005, 18:23
Whirly, go to this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186661) to find out how to retaliate against the catalog company!

Ozzy

Whirlygig
25th Aug 2005, 18:42
It's not that I object to the catalogues per se and indeed, they are from charities whom I support but what I DO object to is bringing Christmas nearer and nearer to the New Year - from the wrong side!!

I've yet to see the first pub Christmas menu but I'm sure it'll only be a few days before they appear. The best I saw was a Christmas Tree up in the lobby of The Hilton in Newcastle on October 1st!

I ask you!

Cheers

Whirls

tall and tasty
25th Aug 2005, 18:49
Funny said this to a friend yesterday. Got the company order your Christmas Cards now brochure 4 weeks ago!! End of July, the headline beat the rush be the early bird and guarentee delivery first week December!!!!

Think that is when the boss will order them. I am waiting for the Halloween stuff to be out first. But saying that I have seen it out in a certain shop Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No wonder the poor kids get confused if it starts earlier and earlier. Bring back the week before Christmas

TnT

cessna l plate
25th Aug 2005, 19:05
Look on the bright side. Once upon a long ago, as a long distance lorry driver, I spent a whole week delivering Christmas Crackers, in the middle of July!!!!

Can you imagine what a pillock I felt turning up at a warehouse saying "18 pallets of Xmas crackers for you mate!!" whlist dressed in t shirt, shorts and a sweat on!!!!!

chuks
25th Aug 2005, 19:19
We were stuck in an Isolo 'go-slow' when I was able to point out that a local hotel had its Christmas lighting up, in May! Beat that!

Jerricho
25th Aug 2005, 19:24
Chuks, some of the people don't take their decorations down at all either. There is a house 4 doors down that has had the same wreath, assorted ornaments and lights out the front since we first got here 18 months ago.

And no, it's not a church.

G-MANN
26th Aug 2005, 02:04
There's a house near me that has christmas lights on their house 'all year round', reindeer sat in the garden too (plastic ones of course)

Lazy beggers

G-MANN

BUMPFF
26th Aug 2005, 07:28
We had our first family discussion about Christmas in May. I lost. Apparently it's going to happen. Again.

Standard Noise
26th Aug 2005, 08:35
It's repeated so much you'd think Christmas was run by the BBC? :rolleyes:

frostbite
26th Aug 2005, 13:28
And there's always some damn fool has to bring religion into it!

Jordan D
26th Aug 2005, 23:38
Hate to tell you, but the kids in Scotland are back in School ... seems they have weird holiday times compared to the rest of the UK!

Jordan

DX Wombat
27th Aug 2005, 11:07
Last Sunday, 21st August, I visited a National Trust property in Shropshire. Whilst browsing in the shop I overheard the salesperson telling a customer that he had already run out of one particular Christmas card and had had them on display since June! :{

Whirlygig
27th Aug 2005, 12:07
Indeed, it was The National Trust who were the culprits who prompted me to post in the first place!!

Got the Barnado's one today - very high-class and glossy!

Cheers

Whirls