PDA

View Full Version : What happened to OneVoice?

offshoreigor
25th Aug 2005, 04:27
Hey Guys/Gals

I know people were p'eed off with the site but why did it go down? It was cool! at least for those concerned! I know it was not on PPRuNe but at least it was ours!

:eek: OffshoreIgor :eek:

Cyclic Hotline
25th Aug 2005, 05:12
The last thing I read on the site was that it had been determined they were ineligible for Union coverage, due to the international scope of operations. The various employment jurisdictions deemed them unrepresentable! :ugh:

I am sure there are any number of people on this site, who have experienced the fact that once they were transferred overseas, they were no longer covered by their original conditions of employment from their employers domicile, and in fact ended up in a no-mans land where they were not really covered by anybodys laws or conditions. Interesting little things such as seniority no longer counted, or there was no guarantee of a job when (if) you returned back home. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the interesting means of getting paid, arbritarily changing the pay and exchange rates, or suddenly finding yourself employed by another company! :hmm:

offshoreigor
25th Aug 2005, 05:22
CH,

We must be in the same Time Zone right now!

What I meant was the site no longer exists according to Runboard (the host). Did somebody forget to pay their bill?

Come On People

Where did our site go?