PDA

View Full Version : What size is YOUR PEN15?

Kaptin M
24th Aug 2005, 16:25
I had a 15cm black and gold Parker pen.
Now I've lost the farker.....um Parker.
It was slim, with a fine point, which I found better than THICK, or Medium for scribing.
The thicker size didn't feel all that contfortable, in my opinion, and the cabin crew - with their smaller fingers - often complained about the thicker size.

How do YOU like to hold your's? Do you grip it firmly, and keep it to yourself, or finger it lightly?

(Should we be charging the pen companies for our responses??)

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 16:30
Not allowed to use pens.

I have to use crayons. :(

tall and tasty
24th Aug 2005, 16:33
How do YOU like to hold your's? Do you grip it firmly, and keep it to yourself, or finger it lightly?

I absolutely love "Parkers" they have to be the old fashion ink kind so that you have to use blotting paper and then can sign and write to your hearts conten. The nib for me has to be fine but I will at a push use a thicker one. I still have mine given to me for my 16th and its been through O's, A's S' levels and Uni and written many a piece from love letters to snotty letters to the council. It is gold and burgandy and if I lost it it would be like loosing a friend.

I hold it (I am right handed but can do alot with my left when nec) with a firm grip between my thumb and forefinger and hold the rest of my fingers as if an orange is underneath them so the the wrist rests on the table or what ever I am leaning on to write.

the position of the hand is a bit like playing the piano allows you to move easily across the paper

TnT ;)

Jerricho

ps Not allowed to use pens. have to use Crayons

I have a big bumper set of crayona crayons I would let you have there are all the colours of the rainbow. Would you like them and I will hide a pen in there so you can use that when no one is looking ;)

Wannabe Flyboy
24th Aug 2005, 16:41
For some more erotic humour try and get a collegue to visit "www dot pen island dot com".

And see if they realise it while they type it in...

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 16:42
Sweet!! Thanks TnT :ok:

Whirlygig
24th Aug 2005, 16:47
I have an antique Parker Junior which was my mother's; lovely pen to write with but the barrel is getting fragile now so I don't use it.

Prefer Schaeffer; got one for my 21st. However, I find the barrel to thin for my fat little mitts to hold comfortably so prefer something fatter. Also prefer a thick nib which makes my already large handwriting even larger.

And ALWAYS black ink!

There was a pop psychology thing I heard that the style of pen you prefer is an indication of how you see yourself (or was it your loved one? Can't remember!).

I do think there's a reasonable amount to be said for graphology; maybe not on the scale that if you do a slightly looping "g" means you're a goer in bed but the overall appearance of one's handwriting can be a guide to a general personality trait.

Cheers

Whirls

Capt.KAOS
24th Aug 2005, 16:59
I use to love to hold Cross pen15's, but now I am a convinced Mont Blanc afficinado....

http://sabailand.bizland.com/MB.jpg

Tolsti
24th Aug 2005, 17:16
For my 43rd birthday I bought a Parker 61 which was made in the year I was born... got it on ebay and it is in excellent condition. I use it sparingly now but use a Waterman I bought in Paris 2 years ago every day for nearly all my office work. Love the feel of a good fountain pen.... hate biros

Kaptin M
24th Aug 2005, 17:21
I'm yet to be convinced, KAOS (got me a nice Mont Blanc watch) - but their pens seem a bit "Homosapien"!

Always a PARKER man!!

Biggles Flies Undone
24th Aug 2005, 17:23
Got a classic black Duofold with a medium oblique nib. Absolute dream to write with and something to pass on to my son when I give up writing the begging letters ;)

Dead_Heading
24th Aug 2005, 17:35
Don't matter what pen I use, me writing always looks like a drunk spider's fallen in the inkwell and staggered across me page :(

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 18:36
Looks like you forgot to wipe the end after it's last use.

Conan the Librarian
24th Aug 2005, 19:06
Hah! Sheer genius Jericho!

Conan

av8boy
24th Aug 2005, 20:43
That pen ain't right.

Capt.KAOS
24th Aug 2005, 22:10
what a ridiculous carrot pen, s.t.d.

found this one rather handy though, "touch 'n feel on the go"...

http://www.stupid.com/Merchant2/graphics/products/massagepen-gold-2005.jpg

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 23:23
Why is the guy in the "great for office" pic trying to stick it in his eye???

Workers Comp claim perchance?

Speedpig
25th Aug 2005, 01:52
That pen ain't right.

av8 you should say "That pen is not right" being very careful to insert the space correctly.

I'm only here in absence of the caption comp over on Mil aircrew

Blacksheep
25th Aug 2005, 01:57
My Dad recently gave me his ancient Parker - he doesn't see well enough to write anymore. Great sentimental value, the top is dented in a two places where, he tells me, I got hold of it when I was teething and chewed it very hard.

Aaaah! Isn't that sweet? :O

I have a nice Mont Blanc for everyday use, but Mrs B prefers the Daniel Hecter designer fountain pen she gave me as a birthday present. Looking at it, I think I can see why,