PDA

View Full Version : BA Customer service E Mail address

Itswindyout
24th Aug 2005, 12:38
I am trying to contact via E Mail BA customer service...I assume there is a department....

I have a simple question, but do not wish to telephone from all round the world.

any assistance appreciated...

windy.

PAXboy
24th Aug 2005, 13:19
I do not know of an 'open' email address that you can use. BA do not allow this as (I presume) they woul dbe SPAMMed to hell and back!!

Access their web site. If you are Exec Club then log in.

The very top line has HOME / Contact Us / Site Index / ...

Contact Us has a search for FAQ but also a tab for "Email Us". There is then an embedded form to complete and send and they reply to your email address. Hope this helps.

Itswindyout
24th Aug 2005, 14:08
thought I was going blind.........roo much time away from civilisation.....Windy

jack_essex
24th Aug 2005, 21:13
BA have a very good customer service e-mail service. They replied to me the next day which is very quick considering the amount of e-mails they must get.

PAXboy
24th Aug 2005, 22:02
too much time away from civilisation Dear Windy,
I trust that you are not mistaking Great Britain for Civilisation? Once upon a time maybe - but not any longer.:ugh:
Yours etc.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Bumz_Rush
28th Aug 2005, 06:52
Windy,

I have been waiting for two weeks for a reply to my request, and now demand for a suitable response.

Do they not read any E Mails, or do they just get forwarded to the trash compactor.

Jack E....you must have friends in higher places then me.....

The next communication will be the letter from the county court.....perhaps they will respond to the summons.

I know they have problems at present, but all of their own making. So perhaps the solution will be of their own making.

Bumz

sixmilehighclub
29th Aug 2005, 16:05
I know they have problems at present, but all of their own making

Yes Bumz-Rush, you're absolutely correct, BA put a gun to the heads of the directors of GateGourmet and forced them to stand up with a loudhaler and unreasonably sack hundreds of innocent catering staff. Then family members of those who were sacked decided to go on strike in sympathy (which was to achieve nothing in their relatives' favour as there was no connection between BA and the reason they were sacked, it just caused misery for thousands of customers and other BA staff), unfortunately the majority of the sympathy strikers happened to work in other parts of the biggest workplace in the area being Heathrow Airport, and as BA is perhaps the biggest employer there, they suffered, unecessarily, and were unable to ccontinue with their services.

So please, it was not BA who 'made' the situation, it was the small number of individuals that yes, were employed by BA and were showing solidarity to their families without a thought for anyone else, and the idoits at the helm of GateGourmet who executed gun-ho and thoughtless actions then pointed the finger at everyone else to deflect blame.

I just wish they had spared a thought for those who were travelling to weddings, funerals, on their once in a lifetime trip, those who had plucked up courage to fly for the first time, those unaccompanied children who were in the care of the airline, those who missed important meetings which subsequestly lost their businesses money, those whose 7 day holidays were reduced to
a couple of days, for anyone else (including airline staff) who were stranded at airports worldwide not knowing when they would be going anywhere.

Considering the thousands affected, I think two weeks is the minimum you could expect to gain a response. Try backing it up with an old fashioned letter, or if you don't have time to write, just print the e-mail you sent and pop it in the post.

Rant over.

rhythm method
29th Aug 2005, 23:17
Uncle PaxBoy, you embarrassed me... anyway, your point is what? And how is it relevant to this thread, or has someone deleted a posting and left yours hanging in mid-air?

Confused.

:confused:

PAXboy
29th Aug 2005, 23:29
Whoops!!! Landed up in the wrong thread and so my post now deleted!!! :eek:

Bumz_Rush
30th Aug 2005, 05:56
this should make the national newspapers....

Bumz

crewgal
30th Aug 2005, 06:21
Dear Bumz,
With over 250 posts, your obviously one of these people/pax that
just love to moan aboout everything - chill out! As for things hitting the papers, you obviously dont read them very well or you would know that the farce at LHR was not BAs making. Dont know if you have realised but us airline employees dont like the inconvenience any more than you and many others!!!

Final 3 Greens
30th Aug 2005, 07:39
Dear Crewgal

You are new to PPrune, so let me gently point out that Bumzrush is well known here and you are not.

Bumz has a valid reason for feeling miffed and you would do well to reel your kneck in when speaking on matters that you do not appear to understand.

As for your other comments, we welcome crew on this forum and are pleased to interact with you, just as we do on your flights. You keep us safe and comfortable and that is appreciated and respected.

However, many of us here have rather more knowledge of your industry (and industry in general) than you apparently credit us for and when Bumz says that the problem is of BAs own making he makes a fair point:

- single supplier deal with GG
- no immediate alternative supplier (scale issue)
- outsourced former BA staff under TUPE to Swissair, became GG
- BA/GG staff still feel a sense of community (understandable IMHO)
- strong trade union (no dig at T&G intended, just stating a fact)
- Swissair went bust, supplier acquired by an investment company
- GG made big loss in last financial year
- GG lost a major contract recently
- some of BAs own staff walked out to support the GG staff

All of the above points show potential risk and the profile was probably pretty high. When managing a risk, one needs to be aware of the different triggers that cause a risk to become an event and the penultimate two points in the list could all fall into that category. If they were not triggers, then they were indicators that the probability of the risk and the proximity were escalating and drawing closer respectively.

It may have been that BA were working on a fallback plan and were just unlucky with timing and the speed of the development of the risk into an event, but the subsequent affair looks very messy to those of us who have worked in large scale businesses. The danger of serious brand damage after three summers of disruption is high.

And finally, we pax do understand that crew dislike disruption as much as we do, but the difference is that we are paying to experience it (sometimes to the extent of 000s for J or F) and you are being paid to endure it, which is not pleasant, but no job is perfect.

So you are very welcome here and I hope that you will enjoy your time in the SLF forum, since you also qualify as a bona fide/fully paid up member when positioning. ;)

TightSlot
30th Aug 2005, 08:13
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Bumz_Rush
31st Aug 2005, 05:05
F3G: you saved me a mornings computer time.....

To reinforce BA/GG in 1 line: It actually was/is BA making.

crewgal: No one likes it but a company like BA, which I do have great admiration for, suffers like so many companise in trying to slim the costs too much. It bits you in the bum.

There are the carrott and stick systems of business management.

I have always operated with the carrott. Big companies have the belief that they are invincible becasue they are so big.

Customers are needed, and customers, even Self Loading customers meed treating with respect, by management.

6ml hi: Thanks.

radeng
31st Aug 2005, 08:36
Final 3 Greens,

Excellently put.

I travel a lot on BA: it does seem to me that there is a lot of inherent weakness in their management structure, insofar as they seem to get hit very readily with industrial relations problems, albeit in this case, not of their own making. We won't mention other management problems that you can read about in pprune, such as EWS (Engineers Want Spares). In many ways, I feel BA management/organisation let down the staff dealing with the SLF, who I've always found excellent.

Diverse
31st Aug 2005, 09:36
Every problem that a company has can be pulled apart with hindsight. BA tends to get more comments and opinions than most airlines on here, Ryanair's another one that gets a lot of negative comment too. This may be the fact that they both carry rather a lot of pax in and out of the UK and as a consequence there are more people to p off and more opportunities for failure and it takes longer to get these operations back on track.

Remember that inconvenienced people will tell the world (via forums, newspapers), happy people will tell their family, that goes for employees too.

PAXboy
31st Aug 2005, 11:44
True that they will come in for more stick BUT in every thread where BA get a bash (be it in technical or Pax forum) there is always someone who comes along and says what radeng has just said. Essentially that the BA staff are dashed good and their mgmt let them down. I have being saying this for many years.

I am always delighted to travel on BA but they are not my first choice of long haul because of their mgmt. With FR it is similiar, although my experiences of their staff have not been good.

Likewise, I have heard VS mgmt regularly getting a drubbing on these forums, the acidity of which often amazes me.

slim_slag
31st Aug 2005, 13:15
Here you go diverse, BA- What a great flight (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=187146) and only posted a few days ago. If you want to read gushing sycophantic praise of BA then head over to the flyertalk BA forum (but only if you pretend to travel first class all the time else they will sneer at you). :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Diverse
31st Aug 2005, 21:28
And slimslag you've always been the source of rational and balanced debate when it comes to BA.

crewgal
5th Sep 2005, 20:30
Thank you all for your valuable comments, having flown for 9 years (not for BA incidentally) I know a lot more about the industry than YOU give me credit for. This is a forum where people are entitled to share their views (or so I thought!) and if it raises your hackles to the point of rudeness (its neck by the way) then its pointless. Incidentally, we do not get paid to be disrupted!!! I love my job and as you said, no job is always pleasant. I will however continue to treat all my passengers with the respect they deserve. Happy Flying!

Itswindyout
22nd Sep 2005, 07:51
At last I received a response.

Took the direct approach, but it worked.

Thanks guys

Windy