PDA

View Full Version : Another "what is it?"

treadigraph
24th Aug 2005, 12:35
Most Tuesday nights at around 11:30pm I am walking through South Croydon on me way back from the pub. On a number of occasions I have seen the lights of a turboprop heading in a northerly direction, probably out of Gatwick and climbing though perhaps 9000' or so...

It sounds very much as though it's Dart powered - I assume that a Herald is out of the question now, so I guess it's either an HS-748 or an F-27 - or possibly even a G1. I assume it is a mail or newspaper flight.

I be curious, so anyone know?

Cheers

Treadders

+'ve ROC
24th Aug 2005, 13:21
Many people have seen many stange things at 2330 after departing a drinking venue! :}

No comment
24th Aug 2005, 14:55
While I was still there, ABR were operating a F-27 and a Herc out of LGW. Think they did two LPL mail flights, with the first being at about 2230Z which would tie in with your pub closing time sightings.

I could be wrong... am doing my best to check but my source is evading me at the moment!!

treadigraph
24th Aug 2005, 16:14
Either of those sound authentic - very distinctive, the Dart! Even after three or four pints! Thanks Chaps!

PS, I am one of the strange things people see! :)

No comment
24th Aug 2005, 16:29
Confirmed...
ABR22A 2215Z dep LGW - LPL on an F27 on Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri.

Good excuse to go to the pub until closing time for three more days running!

treadigraph
25th Aug 2005, 07:02
Many thanks No Comment, My drunken slumbers will be less troubled now! Now as to those evenings, you paying?:zzz:

Cheers!

Treadders