PDA

View Full Version : BA - What a great flight

jack_essex
24th Aug 2005, 07:48
In November I travelled to New York with BA from London. I have to say that it was one of the best flights I have ever had. From the minute we arrived at Heathrow we were looked after. The check in agents were very friendly and helpful. They even wished us a good time in NY! You don't normally get that do you.

As it was my birthday on the actual date we flew out, there was no shortage of staff wishing me a happy birthday and saying how lucky I was to be taken to New York for my birthday (I'm 18).

The cabin crew were amazing on the flight. Nothing was too much trouble. We were quite a large party (7) and they made sure we were well looked after the whole flight. As my Nan is 88 there was a flight attendant asking her if she would like a cup of tea almost evey half hour.

A very nice gesture, although very embarassing, the crew gave word to the pilot that it was my birthday which then lead to an announcement on the speakers. (Round of applause as I sink in to my seat . lol)

The best bit of the flight was I was given a bottle of champagne to celebrate My bday in New York.

All in all, a great flight and a great airline.

The return flight was just as good too.

24th Aug 2005, 08:22
Jack,

Why not send a letter to the B.A customer relations dept. I'm sure it will be appreciated by the crew concerned.
I'm the first to write letters of complaint when necessary, but I also write to inform of exceptional service as well.

jack_essex
24th Aug 2005, 10:06
That was one of the first things I did when I got back. And they were more than happy to recieve it. It must be nice for airlines to get letters from happy customers, not just the usual complaints. BA is always our main choice when flying long haul. Most often or not they are cheaper than Ryanair and Easyjet in Europe too. But as I live in Essex, Heathrow and Gatwick are a long way to go for just a weekend break.

5711N0205W
25th Aug 2005, 20:21
Jack, nice to hear you had a good experience, just out of curiosity if the flight was in November why wait till August to tell about it? Or did you just find this site recently?

Jordan D
25th Aug 2005, 21:43
I'm guessing its the later, seeing as it says he registered Aug05.

Jordan

jack_essex
26th Aug 2005, 09:28
yeah, as you can tell i only found this site a few days ago.

CARR30
27th Aug 2005, 13:24
This eulogy is hardly likely to have come from someone travelling with BA in August.

Imagine how happy Jack Essex would have been if he had flown Virgin.

Wannabe Flyboy
27th Aug 2005, 15:15
Well that was a constructive reply wasn't it?

MarkD
27th Aug 2005, 16:38
Indeed W-F

CARR30, if VS hadn't dumped GG they might have been equally in the sh!t this August. There but for the grace of god (and an astute purchasing manager) go they...

Hope bealine spotted jack_essex's post.

CARR30
27th Aug 2005, 17:00
Thanks Wannabee and I agree with you too MarkD.

While I can't imagine God wasting his grace on airline food it is certainly all about astute management. That's why BA have had 3 summers of disruption, Virgin haven't.

Would I book BA? Er, not again - not even if they wished me a happy stay at my destination; even Ryanair throw that in.

MarkD
27th Aug 2005, 17:13
CARR30

unfortunately the Bearded One pulled the YYZ route post 9/11 and hasn't come back since so I haven't the opportunity to try his hospitality. That and codeshare with EI to ORK keeps me a happy BA customer, but I'm always willing to consider a change if you're listening Sir Richard :D

jack_essex
27th Aug 2005, 20:57
Everytime i have flown BA there have been no problems what so ever which is why all my opinions of them are positive. I have only flown virgin once which was gatwick to orlando several years ago and was also a great flight. although with it being florida there were kids everywhere. lol. but you expect that. was great when you were allowed in the cockpit. i was even allowed to change the course of the boeing 747!