PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Interviews/Assessments for September 2005

SubsonicMortal
24th Aug 2005, 06:36
Hi all

I, and many others I am sure, would be grateful to anyone who can provide some information on the Gulf Air "Assessment" process. They have an assessment period in Bahrain in September over a period of 3 days.

I have read multiple posts on PPRune about working for Gulf Air and the living conditions in Bahrain so Im fairly clued up with that. What would be very useful to many is some information on the selection process for 2005 and in particulour September.

Thanks in advance to any replies!

Many happy landings.

Cheers

susi
24th Aug 2005, 08:35
First Day
1.you will get company presentation.
2.written tests:

Math- easy 546-17=

45,8+12,2=

chose the answer closest to your estimated result.
about 50 questions, 15 min or so.

verbal reasoning

2 dimensional spatial orientation- you get a figure looking like a electronic wiring template- then it is rotated you have to find differences in relation to original.
Very hard

Concentration test, %=1 £=2 etc. tables-
then %+£=

Break- they mark your results

If you pass you may continue.

Day 2

Group exercise- the ususal

Interview based on your own experience, give us an example where you showed leadership, etc.

Technical questions, easy: what is TCAS, what is Mach number, etc.

Flight planning session: fly A-b via waypoints ABCD, you have tech problem, stay at some FL- divert each one of the possible diversion airports has special conditions, no fuel, open only from 1300 to 1600 etc.- goal: arrive at destination with minimum delay- more than one solution possible.

Bahrain is an Island- ...

SubsonicMortal
24th Aug 2005, 18:56
Hi Susi.

Sent you a PM.