PDA

View Full Version : Wazzat ? (UFO ove London)

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 16:09
Anyone got any idea what the big dark rectangle (almost vanished when edge on) was doing over london today?

I looked very hard for the hellecopter(s) above it, but to no avail. (Being very old, and a bit blind didnt help much)

The object tooked as if it where a sheet of tarpaulin with a stiff bar top and bottom, (weighted at the lower one) being pulled through the air.

Except I could not see from what it was suspended, nor what was towing it.

(size, distence and speed not determined, but more than 1 mile from my location due to passing behined all intervening structures)

The shape of the curve (from highlights on the surface) sugested it was curved by airflow ... but it could have been rigid.

Any ideas ?

Earthmover
23rd Aug 2005, 16:14
Cherie Blair's wig?

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 16:15
I dont think it was as big nor odd looking as all that

patdavies
23rd Aug 2005, 16:25
Was it a tray from a BA in-flight meal - they're pretty rare occurences over London:D

Gouabafla
23rd Aug 2005, 16:28
Was it a tray from a BA in-flight meal

"Odd looking" - could be.
"Big" - never.

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 16:34
Come on, I know one of you folks would have been talking to the driver. Some of you nice ATC types?

It moved eastward (and seemingly north) then after a few mins seemed to turn (became very narrow, then big again) and moved westward and clearly northward for another 10 plus mins (lost sight of it behind a hill).

I checked with a co-worker, and it wasnt just me (She said, oh, thats wierd. and looked back at her PC)

Also I have taken all my pills for today, and I cleaned my glasses.
So it must be something that you prooners know about.

Rushton
23rd Aug 2005, 16:39
Joe - never mind your pills, you've been on the ganga again haven't you.

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 16:45
BUT someone else saw it too!
Besides, tis a no smoking office, I would have been fired (smoking being the issue not the gange! odd folks).

<sigh> I guess i shall go off for a nice cup of tea, and pretend I never saw it, like with the elephants.

darn, its back

Best be getting some stronger tea.

(travelling west to east ove north London now)

now going east to west.
Just passed "behind" a hill, that makes the thing quite big!

<holds arms open> bigger than that.

Possibly 100 feet across + Come on, one of you guy / gals must be able to see it

<sob>
:{

Biggles Flies Undone
23rd Aug 2005, 17:15
:rolleyes: Is it white and fluffy? :p

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 17:21
Also just noticed that the lines in the sky (the ones from the airplanes) form X's over this building .......................

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Aug 2005, 17:35
Neddie Seagoon voice Oooooohhhhh........

Chemtrails:ooh: :E

Joe.Phoenix
23rd Aug 2005, 18:06
Saddly I told all of my coworkers that those super smart ppruners would know what it was, then went and asked in JetBlast !

Its my own fault, I know.
:ugh:

Conan the Librarian
23rd Aug 2005, 20:06
No plans up for a hyper spatial bypass in this neck of the woods are there?

Conan

airship
23rd Aug 2005, 20:33
I'm pretty sure it was HMG's latest sniffer device. It's so sensitive, it'll tell the operator whether it (the ganja) was 100% Moroccan. ;)

A side-benefit may be that it should also detect the minutest traces of explosives and radio-active materials...?! :uhoh:

Earthmover
24th Aug 2005, 00:02
Conan, the Vogon Ships are indefinitely delayed - no catering (or lemon-soaked napkins either) ;)

Conan the Librarian
24th Aug 2005, 00:15
Now there is a thought.... Should Gate Gourmet slide down the pan (no pun intended and I haven't sampled their fare(knowingly) either) Should the Phoenix from the ashes be named "Dentrassi"? Corporate makeovers cost a bomb, so that one is there for a decent slow cooker and a free flight somewhere pleasant.

Conan

Buster Hyman
24th Aug 2005, 03:28
You were lucky it was only the rectangle! The Triangle is a nasty piece of work!

Earthmover
24th Aug 2005, 07:14
All served by the triple-breasted whore from Eroticon 6?

Joe.Phoenix
24th Aug 2005, 10:13
After a good nights sleep, I can report hardly any UFO activity today!

Checked the NOTAM, nothing about UFOs on North London, so presumably no futher visitations are planned.

Not sure I was reading those applicable to yesterday correctly though. (I am not a pilot, and only "take lessons" for the pleasure of it all)

Also nothing about banner towing, would that normally feature?
ditto brests (single, double or tripple) not covered by NOTAM (titter)

:}

verticalhold
24th Aug 2005, 15:26
It is an advertising banner towed by a Twin squirrel helicopter.
the banner you saw is one of several all of 25,000 square feet.
The banner is on the end of a 150 ft cable and is flying at approx 35 kt.

Also to be seen this weekend in Nottingham and Birmingham, recently in Manchester and anywhere else they make me go. In Glasgow recently a GA aircraft was very concerned about what he was seeing and asked for confirmation that his eyes were really working.:ok:

Joe.Phoenix
24th Aug 2005, 16:56
So I am not insane (or at least this isnt proof of that).

Thankyou very very much.

:D

By the way, I couldnt see anything written on it, It just looked like a dark rectangle.

I shall sleep easily in my bed tonight :ok:

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 16:58
I shall sleep easily in my bed tonight

Until the aliens from the UFO you really id see come along with their anal probes :zzz: :{

Joe.Phoenix
24th Aug 2005, 17:07
.... probes .....

At my age you have to be greatful for what you can get I suppose

:\

Easy now (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/buyinprivate/kyjelperlub.html)

Jerricho
24th Aug 2005, 17:12
http://www.cartoonskickass.com/cm1probe.jpg