View Full Version : MAS psychomotor (for wannabes)

bomohtitan
23rd Aug 2005, 13:47
Hi, just wanted to share my MAS psychomotor test experience with all the wannabes in this section. My experience is quite recent at the date of posting. My intention of this post is to relate my experience to all the wannabes waiting to take their psychomotor test, and focus on the items which were not highlighted in other posts. As such, I will not elaborate on the content of the tests itself here, as its been done before.

I waited almost 3 months for my psychomotor reply (months is the generally recognized unit of measurement here, so be patient guys). The offer letter arrived 2 weeks before the date of the test (quite surprised that MAS actually sent out the letter this early).

Psychomotor results will given on the spot. Beware of the HIGH dropout rate. I was the only one to have passed in my session, and in an earlier session, nobody passed. I would guess there are a maximum of 4 sessions in a day (morning and afternoon).

The test takes roughly an hour depending on the individual. Although they say that finishing it faster does not necessary mean you are better, but in the "Hands" part of the test, the program clearly stated that answering faster (and accurately of course) is better. Also, there is a warm up run for each test except the last, with detailed, step-by-step instructions and demonstrations, so relax and take your time in digesting the instructions.

Do not worry about equipment failure or anything (I heard nightmarish rumours about discovering that your joystick was not calibrated halfway thru the test). There are 2 people in the room who will be ready to assist you in case Murphy's Law kicks in.

After everyone has done the test, they will wait in the waiting room for a murderous 10-15mins for the results. The person who announces your results will be holding envelope(s) in his hands. These are invitation letters to attend the psychometric test. The gap between my psychomotor and psychometric is 1 week (same as 2 of my other friends, so I guess its safe to say that this 1 week period is the norm?)

***An important point to note: as I was walking in from the waiting area to the test room, there were many stacks of papers on the floor. These are schedules for upcoming tests. Each piece of paper holds about one day's worth of candidates names. So guys, you get the general idea how many people are waiting for their turn. Bottom line is, once you get your chance, please make it count. Otherwise you will be in for another long wait.

***Another point to note: Your SPM results will be checked on the day of the test. Bring along your original cert. No cert, no test. Also if you are not 5' 4", you will NOT be allowed to take the test. This is stated clearly in the offer letter, and you're height WILL be measured if you are suspected to be below the stipulated height (girls esp, sad to say :( ). People have been sent home because of this.

I wish all the wannabes best of luck in their psychomotor.