PDA

View Full Version : Will fly for billtong/ Danish pastry etc.

tagdenmedro
23rd Aug 2005, 12:39
I know this is a long shot, but is there someone down there looking for a low huored billtong eating Dane? Did most of my training i SA and lived there for a year.

putt for dough
23rd Aug 2005, 17:35
My Cuz

Are you for real?? There are hundreds if not thousands of RSA pilots who are qualified and cannot find work.Now you want work in our ZS- registered airies. Same old problem cuz,go rather find work in your country and leave our jobs with ZS- registered airies to us!! Whats fair is fair!

We can't get work in Denmark or in Demark registered planes so why should you?

This attitude by foreign pilots stealing jobs from my fellow pilots noses is not correct and probably ignorant.SA has enough qualified pilots,let them get their own jobs.We certainly are capeable by ourselves.

schweet...

The Claw
23rd Aug 2005, 17:45
Best you call back all your "fellow pilots" from around the globe then :confused:

Talk about being "ignorant" Cuz :E

south coast
23rd Aug 2005, 17:49
cathay and emirates are stuffed then!

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Aug 2005, 17:52
Do a search on the forums under AirServ, Naturelink, Executive Turbine, King Air Services, Airquarius and Solenta. They may require you to pay for your own rating which is not something I agree with but that's not the point here. Good luck.

PFD, with an attitude like that, you'll go far. The farther the better.....:rolleyes:

Woof etc
23rd Aug 2005, 21:25
"We certainly are capeable by ourselves"

Says it all really!

23rd Aug 2005, 21:49
I say give the man a job. He is only asking for biltong, its not like he will be taking anybody's money........

exjet
23rd Aug 2005, 22:07
Hey Cuz,

I'm a South African flying a OY- (Danish) airplane, and I know of at least another 3. Would you like to take over the bond repayments and put food on the table if I could not fly there? Don't think so.

Balloothebear
24th Aug 2005, 07:36
Putt
Our world of aviation is very small,I spent a memorable year with the Dane's and Swede's a few years back and should I ever be in their neck of the woods, or visa versa, there would be barrels of fun, and futher good memories made.
Never,ever, burn a bridge in avation, our industry is way,way to small.
----If an "outsider" outpips you to a job, then it was'nt meant to be yours.-----
"Balloo's wise word for the day!!":ok:

tagdenmedro
24th Aug 2005, 07:44
Guys....

Thanx for your answers or lack of. I guess my ambition of living in SA permanently wonŽt come true. Anyway IŽll keep trying.
cheers

Baloothbear

Did you meet Danes and Sweeds at FTC

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Aug 2005, 09:09
Tag

Plenty of good looking SA women if you want to go that route. How about swamp flying in Botswana? The season starts late December/early January so get yourself out to Maun and start hitting the local companies. At least the beer will be cheaper than in Denmark.:ok:

Gooneybird
24th Aug 2005, 10:04
All true but I too don't like people flying for free. It encourages companies to underpay.
I also don't like South Africa seen as a training ground where foreigners pay to work just to build hours, and it does go on a lot.

contraxdog
24th Aug 2005, 23:21
I while back, I saw the "Putty" making a posting, and its starting to look like every time he posts he lets it all hang out. Homophobia, inslolence, ignorance, insecurity and all the rest of the signs of a bad up bringing.
If he is regarded as a typical South African, and it looks like he think he is, I am ashamed to be one. I humbly apologise for his statement.
Will one of the Solenta Captains please take him over his knee and spank his bottom, for he is within your midst. Unless he ran away since his last post, the whiner!
Putt for Dough, if you are so insecure that you feel threatened by a low time Danish pilot that will fly for biltong, you dont fit my boy!
tagden... Namibia has the best biltong in the world! Some of the companies also hire without requiring you to have an A380 rating and 27000 hrs P1. Dont let an "absenholle"(forgive my Danish) like that Putty give you a skewed opinion of Saffers.
If you are perared to work hard you will earn enough RR's or N$'s to buy Eland, Spingbok, or Beefbiltong in quantities that will make you beg for lots of Windhoek- or Tafel Lagers!
Go and see them, show your face and be ready to work, hard!
Sterke, Good luck.

GormanInkarnati
25th Aug 2005, 19:01
Greetings Bo or Kristoffer?

Come down and try your luck. You are welcome anytime!

GI

OldNo.7
26th Aug 2005, 00:24
As one of the foreigners (god forbid I'm a Zimbo) that Putty fears so much, the argument is simple, age old and self explanatory.

If you don't want me working for your wonderful SA company then make sure they don't base outside of SA.

As soon as a company operates outside of SA its fair game. And seeing as Putty works for Solenta (of which I am an ex-employee) he really has no leg to stand on as I'm sure every aspiring pilot in whatever backwater Solenta decides to operate in would fancy the job in 'their' country.

You can't have it both ways.

Grow up.

spacedaddy
26th Aug 2005, 05:23
Now this is a real long shot but I liked the Tivoli Gardens so much. I want to settle there. Really good looking women too! Any luck for a very private pilot? Please help.

26th Aug 2005, 06:24
Bugger the pastry, I'll go just for the women. Whoooaaaahhh :ok:

Latent Heat
26th Aug 2005, 06:31
The pastry will go down good after the woman.....:E

policepilot
26th Aug 2005, 10:14
You could always bin your passport after arrival and shout 'Asylum', then they'll give you a house, car, woman, tons of pastry.
Okay, not really, but worth a try. I see you're in the ops dept. so you're not at the bottom of the food chain like us pilots. Benair is always looking, but you'll be closer to Legoland than Tivoli.

tagdenmedro
26th Aug 2005, 11:52
Not BO nor Kristoffer but the third man.......

Anyway I usually come down at least once a year and next time IŽll investigate the hole Maun scenario.
But it is my impression that there is a bit too much cowboy flying up there and the airlines donŽt appreciate the hours gained .

cheers

WideGlide
26th Aug 2005, 11:59
Tag,

Your impression is all it is. SAA, CX, EK and the list goes on and will go on, all have ex-Maun pilots in their employ.

windycorner
27th Aug 2005, 13:32
Not to loose the thread here :

All aviation jobs are of course fair game to all anywhere...What matters here it seems are the "egos"

The childhood dream of flying is sought by all and we are all global sluts when it comes to going to any airline anywhere in the world at the end of the day.

My personal opinion regarding foreigners coming to our southern shores is as follows:
There are no shortages of south african newbies seeking their right to gain employment...they compete with political obstacles as it is, and quite rightly object to foreigners taking their jobs.

I think anyone wishing to come and gain flying experience in Africa should target the jobs in places such as Botswana/Zambia/kenya etc....fair game for biltong eaters and pastry lovers alike.

Maybe then we can try and help each other find jobs and not get bitter about what someone else is denying us....

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Aug 2005, 16:15
Nothing stopping South Africans going overseas. I know of a few that have worked for foreign contract companies so not sure what your point here is. Going to Bots/Namibia/Zambia et al would only "deny" jobs to their local pilots, leading to the same kind of complaints. It's universal, deal with it. Better yet, go get a job in Denmark and p#ss them off over there.....:ok:

SebasW
27th Aug 2005, 20:40
Look, this is a very touchy subject and I have to say that I think that neither side of the argument is wrong...

I do however think that it is fair to give a certain amount of preference to "locals" be it whatever country applicable. I'm in no way saying deny outsiders a job, but in the same breath, don't deny us our own jobs.

Better yet, go get a job in Denmark and p#ss them off over there.....

It's not about p#ssing anyone off... The fact is my life is in good old South Africa and I would like be able to work in my own country, be it with Danes, Britts, Americans or any other nationality co-workers.

Going to Bots/Namibia/Zambia et al would only "deny" jobs to their local pilots

Here's the thing... South Africa has got a overflow of local pilots.
Botswana does not have enough local pilots, that is why it is "easy" to get a job their.
Zambia the same.
Namibia does not have enough local pilots, but when they started up their own state funded cadet training, no work visas were given to foreign pilots. Only after the program fell through did some foreign pilots get jobs their again, and to this day it is still bloody difficult.

It's not about stealing jobs or p!ssing people off, it's just about showing some common courtesy between all pilots, and that goes both ways.

Just my opinion... :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
28th Aug 2005, 06:45
Spot on, Sebas.

The person the post referred to is obviously a tad miffed so the suggestion was that he go elsewhere and do the same thing to those with a similar mindset.

Like you, I'd love to get a job in SA where I can spend at least three nights a week at home but that doesn't seem to be an option at the moment.:(