PDA

View Full Version : Jet Star EBA loosers

Expanding
23rd Aug 2005, 09:40
A320 Capt $125000.00 AU, FO 60%, JNR FO 51%.

Jet Star (Impulse) Pilots have once again prostituted themselves this time to fly across the Tasman. Lowest A320 drivers in the world

I hope you sleep well at night after cutting NJ crews wages, now putting Jet Connect crews out of work.

Crusty Demon
23rd Aug 2005, 10:12
What is a junior f/o??:?

Wine Glass
23rd Aug 2005, 11:33
What is a "looser"?

Is that something you put on your tight jeans?

If you are going to bag people out, at least know what you are calling them, lest someone think you are a loser ...

Pete Conrad
23rd Aug 2005, 21:53
Expanding....is that the real deal? If thats the case, it explains allot!!

Capn Bloggs
23rd Aug 2005, 22:11
PC, the devil is in the detail, and I think Expanding needs to expand on it to reveal the real story...

coitus interuptus
23rd Aug 2005, 22:31
Jetstar is still expanding rapidly and whilst that is the case, the management can be very shrewd. When things settle down the pilots (as a group) will hopefully be able to negotiate a much better set of conditions. Sledging the pilots is not solving anything. The people they work for are making an offer. They can take it or leave it.

When ALL the pilots get together (JQ,VB,QF,NJS,and the regionals) we can then start to exert some positive pressure on the powers that be.

Don't be angry at the recipients of a poor deal. Direct your aggression to the people who made the offer in the first place. Sledging the masses never has nor ever will resolve anything.

Ultralights
23rd Aug 2005, 23:20
the pilots (as a group) will hopefully be able to negotiate a much better set of conditions

sadly i cant remeber the last time a "better" set of conditions was negotiated in this indusrty! and it will never happen at J*

Pete Conrad
23rd Aug 2005, 23:22
Coitus, totally agree with what you are saying, but now isn't the time to get on pprune and be a wellspring,

It's an emotional time, livelihoods, conditions of service, job security, financial and mental wellbeing are all being tested.

If people want to have a rant about these issues, who are you to stop them and advise them..cut them a bit of slack.

I hope things do settle down like you said as it would be nice for organisations to start to value their professionals again.

Big Jan
24th Aug 2005, 01:31
A320 Capt $125000.00 AU, FO 60%, JNR FO 51%
Wrong ! If you are going to slag off about something at least get your facts right.

Jet Star (Impulse) Pilots have once again prostituted themselves this time to fly across the Tasman. Lowest A320 drivers in the world
Wrong again ! The lowest paid driver thing has been done to death and disproved on this forum already.

I hope you sleep well at night after cutting NJ crews wages, now putting Jet Connect crews out of work.
Wrong yet again! NJS crews decided to undercut the Jetstar crews to get the 717 flying in WA.
Jetconnect are getting less than Jetstar crews to do this Tasman flying.The Christ Church base will probably end up being crewed by ex Jetconnect guy's anyway as they will be given first interviews for positions that are not filled by current Jetstar crew.

So expanding you still haven't explained why a private pilot from WA is so upset with what a group of people are doing in an industry that has nothing to do with him/her and why you are so concerned with their sleeping habits.

Finally, there is only one O in Loser just as there is only one in the word Orifice
You Orifice

Capn Bloggs
24th Aug 2005, 01:40
Big Jan,

NJS crews decided to undercut the Jetstar crews to get the 717 flying in WA

Steady on old chap. Had the NJS boys and girls NOT got the work, they would have been out on the street. The JQ boys ALWAYS had jobs (on bigger aircraft to boot), regardless of the 717 tender.

Besides, they weren't being greedy, they did it for the greater good of their terrific staff-centric company.

Secondly, AFAICS, there are two "o"s in "You orifice".

Casper
24th Aug 2005, 01:51
Wrong yet again! NJS crews decided to undercut the Jetstar crews to get the 717 flying in WA.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steady on old chap. Had the NJS boys and girls NOT got the work, they would have been out on the street.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Jan & Capn Bloggs,

The reason doesn't really matter. The situation simply indicates the sad state of the pit into which even airline aviation has sunk in Oz.

Big Jan
24th Aug 2005, 03:12
Steady on Capn Bloggs
I did not attempt to pass judgement on the NJS guy's/Gals regarding their decision to undercut the Jetstar crews in operating the 717's in WA.My personal opinion is that if Jetstar had gotten the contract it would have been a terrible tragedy for a lot of people who would have lost their livlihood.
I would have made the same decision if I had been put in that position as would 99% of airline crew,even the ones who like to make comments like "grow a backbone" as another poster has on a recent thread.
My point was that Expanding who was mouthing off about something that does not even concern them was not posting anything of fact.In fact they were dead wrong as I pointed out.
You are correct regarding the two O's and I have amended my previous post to make sense.
Oh and enjoy the 717 if you are going to fly them as they are a great joy to operate.
I don't even want to know what AFAICS means

Capn Bloggs
24th Aug 2005, 04:57
AFAICS
As far as I can see!:p

Woomera
24th Aug 2005, 05:08
:mad: