PDA

View Full Version : Employibility

flying_tyger
23rd Aug 2005, 09:36
I'm a placement student, whos just coming to the end of my placement before heading back to uni in september for my final year.

I've been working (and helping run!) a cargo managed fleet of aircraft for a charter company - mainly operations management work - setting up flights once they are sold, organising flight papaerwork, accounting, traffic rights - i can also use CFMU and Flitestar (but im still training up on them!)

I've had a look at operations jobs on various sites, and as my degree is in aviation industry management - can anyone suggest how to get more relevant experiance which might put me on the track for an operations management job??

Cheers

FT

Seaton Approach
24th Aug 2005, 02:25
Go get yourself a copy of Flight International World Airline Directory and get your credentials out there to any and all that you might be interested in working for.

See what comes back - you just never know who might be hiring next, and you might be lucky enough to get Route 1 straight into a junior management position somewhere......or better. ;)

I stand to be corrected by others' experiences, but once you get bogged down in frontline ops control, you'll find it tough to rise above the quagmire and into ops management, largely because at most decent outfits the turnover in such positions is very low indeed.

Cheers and good luck,
SA! :ok: