PDA

View Full Version : CFS(H)

ASV
5th Jul 2001, 17:51
Hi does any one have the CFS(H) logo ?? please to send it to this mail & thanks .

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by ASV (edited 05 July 2001).]

Grey Area
5th Jul 2001, 18:37
You could try their web page, bit of a radical idea I know.....................

http://www.shawbury.raf.mod.uk/cfsh%20frontpage.htm

;)

B Sousa
5th Jul 2001, 18:59
I went to the website and was shocked. They still train navigators?? What for, weight and balance. Leave it to the brits.Some things one does not need beyond a Navigator. Runway behind you, Fuel in storage, Sky above you. on and on.......
Fire Away........

Lu Zuckerman
5th Jul 2001, 20:53
To: ASV

Go on to the website. Click on squadron crest. When that comes up, right click on the crest. Click on copy and then go to word and click on control V. Once it comes up on word, click on the crest and it will be bordered by several small blocks. Put your cursor on the lower right block and drag it to the point that the crest is larger (to your liking).

Now, print it out.

------------------
The Cat

ASV
6th Jul 2001, 08:19
Hay many tnx 2 all yes i got it :-))

jayteeto
6th Jul 2001, 14:17
Why on earth do you want the crest?

ASV
7th Jul 2001, 00:40
yes please !! i'll pay 4 it

ASV
7th Jul 2001, 20:54
:rolleyes:

Heliport
8th Jul 2001, 21:20
http://www.shawbury.raf.mod.uk/images/CFSHcrest.gif

In 1931, the Central Flying School became the first Royal Air Force unit to boast its own armourial bearings. These were evolved by the College of Arms and the Richmond Herald. The Coat of Arms symbolises the origin and work of the Central Flying School.
The Pelican was chosen because of its heraldic representation of a seat of learning; its attitude is a reminder that, traditionally, this bird will peck its breast and suckle its young with its own life blood rather than let them die in time of need.
The Naval Crown around the bird's neck and military Tower on which the bird stands signify the School’s naval and military genesis; the pilot’s brevet, the anchor and sabre represent the 3 services.
The White and Blue wavy lines serve as a reminder of the original site of the CFS which was close to the banks of the River Avon. The motto can be interpreted to mean "Our Teaching is Everlasting".
The Pelican is a strong aviator, despite its shape and there is no truth in the rumour, freely spread about by the CFS students, that it was chosen because of the size of its mouth and its poor flying performance!!

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: Heliport ]