View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines

mark twain
22nd Aug 2005, 20:40
Got an interview with the above - can anybody provide any feedback about the interview and what it contains.

Also does anybody know about the flying side of the job - what kind of routes, working pattern etc.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

eghi r20
23rd Aug 2005, 11:12
ok...
half hour chat with CP, HR and a.n. other ( relaxed)

study the company routes a/c etc....
why cargo night work is for you blah...
why you would relocate to coventry etc
what make a critical engine critical etc
psyc test - be yourself
verbal & numeracy test (maths v basic BUT lots of word jumbles etc to make into likley scentances then what is 4th letter of 5th word etc. (ie time wasting)

u will not answer all Q's with time given

good luck

if u do ok

sim following week (ish)

EGCC4284
23rd Aug 2005, 15:24
Mark Twain my hero, how are you.

16 hours IR to go plus a night rating.

Did I leave the house clean.

mark twain
23rd Aug 2005, 16:16
The house was very clean - thanks.

What is the world coming to when you have nearly done your IR!!

Do you know anything about Atlantic - the interview, or more importantly what they are like to work for - the roster etc etc.

I have heard that you have to be with-in 30 mins of Coventry at all times even of days off?

Good Luck with the flying.

sawotanao
23rd Aug 2005, 22:27
what about if you go 2 Majorca on your day off...

[Profanity removed] You want to insult people (though your target isn't clear) do it somewhere else. If you wish to keep posting here, keep it clean and polite. If this was some kind of private joke, I didn't get it!

Scroggs

EGCC4284
24th Aug 2005, 06:28
Mark Twain

You'll have to buy another house to add to the many you already have.

sawotanao

If you ever need an MCC partner, let me know.

mark twain
24th Aug 2005, 09:50
Don't know who Sawotanoa is - so assume not a private joke.

Any feedback on the Atlantic Interview - the roster and working life would still be appreciated.

EGCC4284
24th Aug 2005, 14:39
Scroggs

I don't know him either

Thanks for moderating

RC

Mark Twain

I believe DD is through to the second interview so you should give him a call.

He's back from holiday on Saturday if he ever got out of Manchester last Sunday.

His aircraft went tech and had a 12 hour delay.

Aircart
24th Aug 2005, 17:43
I take it then Mark that all the staff are imprisoned within 30 mins of Coventry Airport, so you couldn't see your friends, family, go out (apart from Coventry town) or even have a beer or any type of life if you were waiting for the phone to go on your days off??

I understand that you would be expected to be near when you were on official standby but surely not when you have been scheduled off after a hard week down route?

Can't imagine anyone bending over that much??

Would be interested to know.

Cheers AC
:ooh:

CanAV8R
24th Aug 2005, 22:55
You need to be within 1 hour of Coventry to be correct. In all fairness to the company this is common among most airlines in the UK, even the larger ones. I know most are 90 mins or in some cases more, but it is still within the an operators rights to require you to be semi close for operational reasons.

This does not mean you have to live within this distance but be within it when on standby etc.....This is the problem.

Atlantic Airlines version of Standby is 24 hours a day and can run for a few days on the trot. Clearly against the rules and I am sure that if someone had the nuts to bring it to the CAA's attention it would change very quickly :ok: .

This among with a few other things are part of the culture at the only airport in the UK stuck in the 50's! If you join know this. Good machines that other airlines look highly upon. Decent pay and generally weekends off. Great group of pilots and engineers minus a few zero's. Management pilots are good lads and easy going. Bad bits. Read above about standby etc. MD is your typical small operator boss whos thinks he is the big man in the world of aviation. Avoid and generally ignore him. Experience level is dropping fast and it is likely they will have trouble crewing their big birds in the coming months unless the CAA drops the requirement to hold an ATPL to be a captain on a 55 ton aircraft. There are a few snakes in the grass and in particular in ops so watch your back!!

Good luck. A great job to springboard into the airlines.