PDA

View Full Version : Easy groundstaff at Liverpool

IB4138
22nd Aug 2005, 19:48
Mrs IB has had, in her opinion, the misfortune to transit Liverpool, using Easy flights, twice in the last seven days.

She found the Easy ground staff to be in general officious, job's worths and that their faces would shatter if they tried to crack a smile with absolutely no sense of humour.......very much like the view of them that comes across on "Airline". Infact the smilie, happy parts on "Airline" must be a total act.

Just a one person's view looking in....but someone at Easy needs to take notice.

Mrs IB is very glad that Monarch are operating to Blackpool - Malaga from November, as she will then have no need to cross these obnoctious peoples path's again.

Just one person's view, but one reason why Monarch can make Blackpool work to the determent of Liverpool and Easy.

flybhx
22nd Aug 2005, 23:26
Doesn't seem to be just Liverpool

Have used Easy at Luton, Paris CDG and Dortmund recently. All particularly unfriendly types.

However, the flights were all on time, the cabin crew were great so I can live with the miserable ones on the ground.

IB4138
23rd Aug 2005, 08:30
Mrs IB has been using Easy from when they started and normally would use either Luton or Gatport. She has always found the attitude of the ground staff, in general, to be acceptable.

Liverpool was a new experience.

Holdposition
24th Aug 2005, 16:50
Surprise Surprise.........

I think not !!!!!!!!!

Tigger4Me
24th Aug 2005, 18:07
Last November we flew MCO/MAN with onward flights LPL/AGP on easyJet. Although we were due into MAN at 0730 we booked the evening flight out of LPL in case we suffered delays on the inbound from MCO and were not able to make the lunchtime departure from LPL.

As it happened, we were in on time, made our way to LPL and were there in time to catch the lunchtime flight. We enquired at the Easy desk if we could board the earlier flight and were asked for over £300 for the privilege. As if that wasn't enough the manner in which we were told left a lot to be desired. Needless to say we went for a cup of coffee and a sandwich and waited for the later flight.

So, easyJet lost the chance to sell us refreshments on board but more importantly lost the chance to fill two seats on an a/c that was waiting to board. Transferring us would then have given them over 4 hours to sell our two seats on the evening departure. When this was put to the desk staff the reponse was, "We're not bothered about empty seats." Obviously not a shareholder then!

Any Easy staff care to comment on this alleged company policy?

bmibaby.com
24th Aug 2005, 18:23
At Liverpool the people that handled you on the ground are not employed by EasyJet, they're employed by Servisair/Globeground who handle EasyJet flights and wear the EasyJet uniforms. This is one of the biggest downsides of outsourcing your ground handling to a third party, because you don't have any quality control over the standard of product for the people representing the airline.

I agree that the way the staff come across to passengers on Airline (particularly the LPL and NCL bases) is; unprofessional, rude & in some cases quite vicious. From personal experience the same is true of EasyJet's chosen handling agent at EMA (again Servisair/Globeground). The problem appears to be that the company doesn't pay, train or organise their staff very well.

EasyJet ought to realise that these people are representing their company. Their cabin crews are extremely professional & friendly, and give across the right kind of image. They need this with their ground staff as well, but of course won't pay more for the priviledge!

Tigger4Me
24th Aug 2005, 19:12
Is it a similar situation at EMA with BMIBaby? Are the ground staff BMIBaby employees or third party?

phil_2405
24th Aug 2005, 20:15
I believe baby handle themselves at EMA so the ground staff are direct employees.

Tudor
25th Aug 2005, 14:47
I have to agree with the above sentiments about LPL ground staff. I used to be EZY crew at LPL and whenever I was travelling as a passenger I'd cringe at how rude and abrupt they were with passengers including myself.

However, if you pay peanuts...

lexxity
25th Aug 2005, 14:52
Baby staff at EMA are employed by bmibaby, whereas the staff at MAN are employed by bmi mainline and are therefore a handling agent.

Bumz_Rush
28th Aug 2005, 06:43
To follow up the original posting:

Perhaps someone can give me the answer, is it the Blackpool landladies going on fact finding tours, or is the customer base from LPL, and MCT willing to travel.

IB4138
28th Aug 2005, 10:22
Bumz-Rush

To answer your questions.

At present Manchester is becoming overcrowded and slots at required times are not available for additional services.

However if you take a look at a map, you will see that Blackpool has a large catchment area to the east and north, north east, with easy access almost direct to the airport from the M55, which connects to the M6 above Preston, feeding in from the Lake District, Lancaster and Morecambe areas. The M65 feeds in from the Blackburn, Burnley, Nelson and Colne areas. Journeys from and to Blackpool are far easier and quicker than attempting to negotiate the southbound M6 and M61 before taking the M66 or M56 around Manchester to Ringway, especially at busy times of day. It will also attract some passengers who live to the North west of Manchester, in the M6/M61 corridors. Liverpool also, is not easy to get at from these areas.

People travelling from these areas have had to use either Manchester and Liverpool until now. Blackpool is under utilised at present and the required slots are available.

It makes perfect sense.

Bumz_Rush
28th Aug 2005, 11:29
Thanks, I like BPL, but always thought the terminal very small for airline use...but it has been some time since I was there.
Always picked up the party packs of Boddingtons from the shop over the road, and then fish and chips next door, or was it the other way round. I did like my day stops.....hic...hic...hic...Bums

lpl1111
30th Aug 2005, 09:18
i do agree with the fact that ezy jet groung handling is poor at lpl, having worked for servisair at lpl not so long ago it appears to remain that the base at lpl is run as if it were a mob racket. LC has her closed communitee of friends who are first in line for promotions even though they are all inept, lazy and two faced liars who only think about their own existance.

It still disappionts me that airlines chose cheap handling over quality, aviance were excellent at handling the ezy jet contract at lpl under the guidance of JK and AR.

If you ask me by bringing in a new managment team at servisair in lpl big changes that are for the good would occur.

long live good quality handling (aviance)

Duncan D'Sorderlee
31st Aug 2005, 07:10
It's not just Easy. Customer service in Liverpool is generally dreadful. They tend to treat any complaint, or even enquiry, as a personal slur.

Stands back and lights blue touch paper...

Farmer 1
31st Aug 2005, 12:16
I hate to be pedantic, but - Stands back and lights blue touch paper... don't you find that a tad difficult? Isn't it a bit D'sorderlee?