PDA

View Full Version : Bittornado yellow Light

DrRedHead
22nd Aug 2005, 18:53
Im sure this is all over the web, infact i know it is but i can't find the right solution. I am being firewalled but when i get to my router settings (d-link dsl-g604+) i open the ports and i also open the ports on windows firewall yet i still cant get a faster speed then 13kb/s on average ( i have 2mbs with wanadoo)

I have opened ports 6881 - 6999 & 10000 - 10005

PM for pictures

the Dr

maxell
22nd Aug 2005, 19:42
change away from 6881 try in the 49150 series also after you open the ports in your router did you set up forwarding to your pc so it knows which part of the network to look at
Get your DCHP addy from your router and forward to that IP

Max

DrRedHead
26th Aug 2005, 12:17
STILL PROBLEMS

erm so basically i managed to change the port range in bit tornado from the default to 49150 - 49165, i also i have opened these ports on the router (TCP only) i have also disable windows firewall. Im nt to sure of this DHCP allthough i do know that it is active in the router and that it is dishing out IP's automatically from 192.168.1.2 onwards. I am sure that the ports have been opened for this computer on the netwrok as it gives you a choice of ip's. But yet still no luck i have tryed using a file with loads iof peers and i still get

"connected to 5 peers" with avg of Xpercentage wiht toal speed of 54 kbs and in some cases it says 0), " connected to 0 seeds"

I have no idea whats going on any furtherhelp will be great

The Dr

maxell
26th Aug 2005, 14:03
Try changing to Bit Comet its a little easier to use than Tornado, also limit your upload to about 50% of what your connection can handle say around 14 kb/s
dont wanadoo have newsgroups see This (http://www.slyck.com/ng.php)

drauk
26th Aug 2005, 18:14
You need to be 100% sure that your firewall/router is configured to forward whatever ports you are using to the IP address of the machine that is running the bittorrent client. Without doing that, you'll get your yellow light and poor performance. It is NOT enough to just open the ports.

DrRedHead
29th Aug 2005, 21:07
yea i have forwarded the ports to the ip address that i am using, but still the yellow light :p something tells me this yellow light and i will be growing old togeather

The Dr

DomFel
30th Aug 2005, 07:41
Even if you forwarded the ports on the router and you have given full internet access via your firewall to BitTornado, the Windows integrated firewall (>SP2) needs to be set up for port forwarding too.
Actually I'm using ports 4554 and 4555 (beware, they're TCP and NOT UDP!), randomize off, max speed 420Kb/s, average (depending on the seeders/uploaders) is 50kb/s.