PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training College gives the SACAA the finger!!

ramondphillips
22nd Aug 2005, 18:10
What's wrong with the flying schools in George! Flight Training College flies its Twin 60 hrs past MPI. With the inspection reminder in full view, they show no regard by endangering their students and the public. Had there been an accident there would have been no insurance at all, with FTC apparently renting 90% of their fleet and having no assets per say, there would have been no recourse. Fortunately they got away with it and will probably only get a tap on their knuckles by the SACAA, however two of the students are seeking legal advise regarding a refund on the hours flown.:confused:

Woof etc
22nd Aug 2005, 19:23
A student receiving twin instruction should know by that stage how to pre-flight an aeroplane, including checking the aircraft's documentation and whether it is within MPI. If they then decide to fly in an unairworthy aircraft- well it's their sick-leave.

Not implying that the operator is not at fault.

B Sousa
23rd Aug 2005, 04:50
" flies its Twin 60 hrs past MPI. With the inspection reminder in full view"

Have to agree with Woof. These "students" are now in Multi Aircraft, Im sure they have at least a PPL and some time doing those funky exams at CAA. THey should know a bit about adding and subtracting.

"however two of the students are seeking legal advise regarding a refund on the hours flown."

Sounds like they think they can kick the Gift Horse in the mouth. They logged the hours, they pay the price AND they should also watch out from the CAA for flying Aircraft overtime.

nyathi
24th Aug 2005, 18:44
As far as my knowledge go, yes it is my responsibillity as student to report that the inspection reminder shows that this a/c needs and MPI, but when an instructor/DE gets in the a/c for an instructional flight surely he is then PIC. Still makes me think!