PDA

View Full Version : Non-rev/ID90 on Virgin...

Air1980
22nd Aug 2005, 17:10
As an expat Brit living and flying in the U.S, it is time to visit the family once again back home in Blighty. It is a lot easier for me to fly direct SFO-LHR than to go thru our hub. But, do you get upgraded routinely on VS if you have an ID90 or zonal fare, or is that stuff not allowed anymore?

I fly with Continental and I know we used to be able to.

Thanks

av8boy
22nd Aug 2005, 20:08
Recent experience with VS and ID90 on that very route!

Both directions, VS was very friendly and accommodating. However, no upgrade offered (might have been because the airframe was jam-packed with carbon-based units though). ID90 on VS was a pleasure. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

And for those of you whom I can hear saying, “Hey. You’re ATC. How’d you do ID90?” I would remind you that I married into ID90…
:ok:

Right Way Up
22nd Aug 2005, 20:13
Air1980. Very unlikely to be upgraded even if economy overbooked as they will upgrade fare paying passengers first. VS staff only have a certain ration of upgrades per year so even VS staff will not be upgraded unless they use part of their entitlement.
Edited as re-reading your post I realise you work for Continental. Have not worked for VS for a couple of years, but if Continental still have their allocation of seats, you should be eligible for upgrade.

Air1980
23rd Aug 2005, 01:18
Thanks guys for the info, I guess I'll give it a shot, but I'll go ask the agents at SFO next time I commute to work just in case.

PilotsPal
23rd Aug 2005, 10:29
Following on with the VS and ID90 theme (specifically LGW-MCO), we're looking to do this on 1 October. I see that VS have 3 flights out on Saturdays: could some kind person tell me which of the 3 is usually the least busy?

Likewise the two mid-week returns?

concorde001
24th Aug 2005, 14:50
Slightly off topic, but I have an ID90 SFO - AMS, but would rather travel to London. Will VS accept my SFO-AMS coupon for one of their VS flights from SFO to LHR?
Cheers.

scroggs
24th Aug 2005, 20:54
PP, done. C001, dunno. Talk to VS ticketing.