PDA

View Full Version : Flybe and the T & G

Torycanyon
22nd Aug 2005, 15:17
There seems to be great interest of many Flybe Cabin Crew and Pilots in joining the T & G. The results seen by the Easy Jets membership seem to be encouraging.

A long time ago in a different life, I was a member of the T & G.
They were a really good Union to have on side. They didn't pussy foot about and really made a difference to the members of the company I was employed in. They have a lot of Muscle and are a Union to be Reckoned with.

I think that the management should be worried, as they don't take any prisoners. This would certainly be good news for the Pilots and Cabin crews if they were to join, especially in view of the latest changes to employment law that have recently come into force, that Flybe seem to be casually ignoring.

I also think that this should be a wake up call for BALPA too.

The membership fees? £9.97p a month. Priceless in comparison to BALPA membership.

angelorange
22nd Aug 2005, 17:44
IPA/IPF ain't bad value at £11 per month not dependant on salary

http://www.ipapilot.com/

MOR
23rd Aug 2005, 09:28
...except that the IPA have all the teeth of an amoeba... unlike the T & G who are actually a real union...

Torycanyon
1st Sep 2005, 23:00
It looks like there is quite a lot of interest so far with both pilots and cabin crew signing up. I think that the Days off in Leiu problem may have started the ball rolling, as Balpa seem to be dithering over the issue and many cabin crew tearing up their "Cabin Crew 89" membership cards.